MM2024 lock my Launchkey Mini Mk III

MauX-65 wrote on 10/2/2023, 7:13 AM

Hello to you all on the forum,
I have this problem with MM2024 Premium and my Launchkey Mini Mk III controller keyboard.
Every time I launch MM2024 the keyboard is recognized and I can use it with the Live Pads or as a simple midi keyboard.
But when I close MM, the keyboard remains locked and cannot be used for example by SMS2024 which normally not only recognizes it but also uses it as a controller in Mackie HUI mode.
When I launch other daws such as SMS2024 or Ableton Live or Cubase 12 the keyboard works normally it is recognized and when the daws are closed, it is reset to its default setting but not with MM2024.
When I close MM2024 I have to detach the USB cable and reattach it to the keyboard again to be able to reset it.
I tried using it both without the Windows drivers and with the Windows drivers (from the Novation site) but the result is the same.
Do you know any suggestions for me?
I would be immensely grateful.

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/2/2023, 7:39 AM

@MauX-65 Is Music Maker perhaps still running in the Task Manager after closing it? As far as I know Windows has the limitation, compared to MacOS for example, that a MIDI port can only be used by a single application at once. In case Music Maker doesn't close correctly, your port isn't freed up again.

MauX-65 wrote on 10/2/2023, 8:25 AM

Thanks SP. for your invaluable support.

I checked in the task manager but MM2024 starts and closes regularly without remaining in the background.

I also tried to terminate it from the task manager but nothing: The Launchkey Mini Mk III still remains locked...