MM2021 reverts to Free Version mid-project.

Eleyan wrote on 3/27/2022, 9:26 PM

Has anyone else been having problems with a Premium Version of MMM 2021 (30) suddenly and repeatedly switching from Premium to the Free restricted version? I am getting this constantly. It has stopped all the fun today.

I have indeed shot off a message for support from the experts, but I feel it is only fair that if I have the Premium version I should absolutely be able to use it offline in full, not as a Free only Edition. If there is a workaround that I just don't know about I would love to hear about it. I have internet, as I am creating this post using it. Sigh.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 3/27/2022, 10:53 PM

@Eleyan

Hi,

There is no Premium Version, only a Premium Edition.

Music Maker has Versions, like 2022 (30.x.x.x), 2021 (29.x.x.x).

So, you probably have Music Maker 2022 (30.x.x.x) with 2021 Premium Edition. Is that correct?

Do you mean in the same session? I doubt that.

Do you mean the next time you opened Music Maker you didn't get logged in so it shows the Free Edition?

If you have not logged in properly, then Music Maker will show that you have the Free Edition. If you log in, it will have everything from all of your registered and activated Editions ( so long as you have downloaded and installed everything under Downloads).

If you did not log in properly and close the program whilst logged in, if you then open Music Maker when you are off-line, Music Maker will show the Free Edition. That said, I have checked the latest patch to make sure that off-line works properly. Tomorrow.

In the image below, I am logged in - 2022 Premium Edition in Music Maker 2022 (30.0,4,44), but I'm not connected to the internet. Everything works except the Store (obviously),

Also, when you start Music Maker, sometimes it takes a while, like up to a minute, for the program to go through everything and log you in.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 3/27/2022, 10:58 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Eleyan wrote on 3/29/2022, 8:41 AM

Thank you for your reply: I can be working on a song, logged in, then suddenly everything freezes and magix closes down, only to open the free version. It's very off-putting. I can only assume that the mobile internet hotspot I am using is losing speed at regular intervals just enough that it dips below a cutoff point. As you can see, I am able to use the hotspot to type this message. In fact since my last message I was unable to get back online with my mobile internet via my newest phone plan until tonight. And just before I did that I was working logged in to Magix and it happened again. Our building internet is down, so it appears my mobile internet is hit and miss for the Magix program to work properly.

Last changed by Eleyan on 3/29/2022, 8:44 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

If it isn't broke and it isn't working, maybe it doesn't exist.    

"Existential Standards:  Essential for the Modern Man of Today"

johnebaker wrote on 3/29/2022, 9:56 AM

@Eleyan

Hi

. . . .  I can be working on a song, logged in, then suddenly everything freezes and magix closes down, only to open the free version. . . . .

This clarifies the initial post - something, either on the timeline, or being selected is crashing the program.

Are you asked to send a crash log to Magix when you restart Music Maker?

If so open the crash log, IIRC there is an option to view it, and look for the latest lines that have an exception . . . . faulting module . . . . error. If there are error messages error and post the latest exception line of text.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.