MM2016

Jos-vanHulst wrote on 2/16/2021, 7:02 AM

Hi there, I use a Focusrite input which converts my guitar signal to usb. The usb is connected to my laptop and so I try to play/insert my guitar in existing loops of MagiX Music Maker. The only option it works almost fine is when I choose CD-audio in the menu (Audio recording). When I for example choose FM radio the pitch of my recording is lowered and the time is lengthened (which I ofcourse don’t want). So I choose CD-audio which is almost perfect. Almost because my playings appear in the timeline a split second after the beat. How can I arrange/calibrate this.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/16/2021, 7:06 AM

@Jos-vanHulst

You need to select the same sample rate in the record settings and your Focusrite ASIO driver settings. It's likely your ASIO driver is set to 48 kHz and CD- quality is 44.1 kHz. This means there is a speed difference about 8%.

Jos-vanHulst wrote on 2/16/2021, 8:06 AM

Thanks, unfortunately this doen’t help. The focusrite settings were already 44100.

SP. wrote on 2/16/2021, 8:20 AM

@Jos-vanHulst Okay. As the next step try to reduce the sample buffer size in the program settings of Music Maker. The bigger the size the longer the delay. Try something like 256 or 512 samples.

Jos-vanHulst wrote on 2/16/2021, 8:43 AM

Going to try, thanks