MM Premium2021 electronic download installation fault

Robert-Russ wrote on 5/20/2021, 11:22 AM

b

I recently purchased Music Maker Premium 2021. Every time I launch the downloaded installation executable, I receive this fault almost immediately after it opens. I do, in fact, have a working 533Mbs IPv4 connection running; e.g., I downloaded the musicmakerpremium2021_dlm_dizw8a (2).exe over this live internet connection multiple times ...

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5758 running Windows 10 v.20H2, x64 build 19042.964. Processor is an Intel i5-5200U. 16 Gb of memory. 1Tb internal & 26 Tb external drives. Diagnostics &/or Windows ( mostly useless ) 'troubleshooters' do not show any system or software errors.

Is this a known issue and is there a solution???

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/20/2021, 1:42 PM

@Robert-Russ Is your firewall or Windows Defender blocking the Magix download manager? You could try to temporarily disable them.

Robert-Russ wrote on 5/20/2021, 3:38 PM

Hi SP

Thanks for the prompt response! I appreciate the existence of this Forum very much. Trying to navigate the MAGIX website for technical support is an exercise in patience, rather like trying to get meaningful information from Microsoft 9={ .

Yes. I'd already specifically allowed MM thru my network Firewalls & VPN service back when I installed the 2019 version. I also, tried turning them all off, as you suggest. No joy, I'm afraid.

Now Sound Forge gives a similar connection error after yesterdays update. All my other apps, toolboxes & coding suites are working normally. I'm stumped.

SP. wrote on 5/20/2021, 4:53 PM

@Robert-Russ Please contact support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them to send you a direct download link of the installation files because then you don't need to use the Magix download manager.

Robert-Russ wrote on 5/20/2021, 7:22 PM

I'll try that. Thanks!

Robert-Russ wrote on 5/26/2021, 12:14 PM

@Robert-Russ Please contact support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them to send you a direct download link of the installation files because then you don't need to use the Magix download manager.

Robert-Russ wrote on 5/26/2021, 12:17 PM

Many thanks, S.P. ! Took a bit of doing to sort the right support person but, I now have a direct download link. Plus, some very good directions & explanations from Magix personnel. Upgrade MM Premium 2021 to existing MM29 instance installed successfully.