MM instruments scroll off page - not visible

Former user wrote on 8/23/2018, 11:50 AM

MM Premium (27) instrument list, upon selection in midi editor or with the track icon, is not complete as there is no scroll bar available. I need to delete lower priority instruments in order to see, select and access VITA. I do use a smaller laptop (portable operation required) but rest of program does display fine. This also prevents me from buying more instruments as I would need to delete more to make room for another. Seems like a scroll bar is needed here? My screen is 1366x768. I have VITA showing up now but adding DN-e1 also looks like it will reintroduce the problem. If you cannot see them on this list, it looks like the instrument becomes inaccessible. There is quite a bit of room on the right hand column for the external VST listings since they are in text form without icons.. Thanks for any help, info or work arounds.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 8/24/2018, 9:53 AM

Hi,

Check under Help, About, that you have the latest update. It should be 27.0.0.16.

A screen shot of your problem would help. Here are shots of MMM from my laptop, a Surface Pro 4:

Are you using the button at the left to get the list of Instruments that you see in the next screen shot? Or are you using the Instruments tab?

If you're using the instruments tab, there should be a scroll bar at the very right. If you don't see it, make the right hand window a bit wider by dragging the left edge to the left.

HTH

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 8/24/2018, 4:04 PM

Thanks John, I will work on getting the shot, it will be similar to your second image that I am working with. I do have the latest version since I just started working with premium over the last couple of weeks. My recent ticket on record states the 27.0.0.16, I think I have that right. I will follow-up more later. Thanks much.

Former user wrote on 8/25/2018, 3:22 AM

Here is the screen shot showing the instrument access issue. I have removed a couple of instruments so that I can just barely pick up the VITA instrument. I checked on the 27.0.0.16 and this is correct. Very helpful forum here, much appreciated. Thank you for your attention and please let me know if you need any additional info, thanks much.

browj2 wrote on 8/25/2018, 8:16 AM

@Former user

It looks like the problem is with your screen size. Are you running MMM full height?

As you can see, there are 2 columns. If you have more instruments in the first part, what you see at the bottom, DN-e1, Revolta 2 and Vita should go to the top of the second column.

Right now, when you click the arrow beside Vita, do you see the entire list of Vita main instruments?

Are you able to scroll down the instruments list on the right hand side to see more instruments? You can load the instrument from there, delete the model MIDI file from the Arranger and open the Instrument from the Track Header by clicking on the gear, then changing to a different variant.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 8/25/2018, 1:02 PM

John, thanks much for this, method two is going to work just fine. I think I had seen that alternative before but for some reason did not think that I was able to change the instrument with that method. I surely can, so I have access to VITA in full now in a more general way. I suspect I can add in my other instruments again now even if I cannot see them on the screenshot list method. Yes, I am running full window size. For whatever reason, once they get to that lower section (revolta, vita, dn-1 etc) they do not move over to the right column via the screenshot list method. Either way, as long as I can get to them by at least one method I can move forward. Yes, I can see and access the VITA instruments through the screenshot list method, I have deleted enough to where I can just barely access the list with the mouse. I am running better now, thanks very much, one step at at time. vCEC