MM 2025 Upgrade, 20 free Soundpools

Philip-J wrote on 6/18/2024, 7:53 AM

Does anyone know if we get to pick the 20 free Soundpools or are they selected by Magix? Being a Magix Music Maker user since 2000, I already have many Soundpools and I have noticed in the past when Magix selects the Soundpools, they are usually ones I have already. In a way, if I buy such an Upgrade, I am paying twice for the same Soundpools if Magix has selected them. Also, the offer says Acid Soundpools are available for MM. Does the 20 free Soundpools allow us to pick from the Acid Soundpools? I have tried reading the offer closely and cannot see the answer to these questions.

Comments

MOHAMMED-RAFFI wrote on 6/19/2024, 11:38 AM

Hi all, I bought a presale offer of Music Maker 2024 Premium and 2025 Premium upgrades, and I updated both. There are 3 soundpools and 1 collection for both versions given. We can choose anyone in 2024, but in 2025, some limited soundpools and collections are given to choose from.

Bundles are not allowed to be chosen. Special packs are not given to choose from; only regular soundpools are given.

but in the latest single release of Music Maker 2025 Premium, some 20 soundpools have been given.

SP. wrote on 6/19/2024, 11:41 AM

@Philip-J After the comment from @MOHAMMED-RAFFI I would guess that these are maybe the Soundpools you can choose from:

MOHAMMED-RAFFI wrote on 6/19/2024, 11:58 AM

I bought a presale offer of Music Maker 2024 Premium and 2025 Premium upgrades; there are no such 20 soundpools given to me. only 3+1 given to choose for my purchase. It is not a regular purchase. Bundles are not allowed for me.

Philip-J wrote on 6/20/2024, 6:57 AM

Thank you both! Before I saw your replies, I thought nobody was going to answer so I opened up a support ticket (There seems to be no way to just ask Magix a simple question without opening a ticket, i.e. do I get to pick the soundpools or not?) and this is the answer I got: (I think they will not object to the answer being shown here)

"Hello Philip,

Thank you for your message.

With the currently version, just like with the previous one, you would find a combination of soundpools that are "hard-wired" and soundpool credits that will enable you to freely choose from the in-app store system. The 20 soundpools advertised with Music Maker 2025 Premium are made up as follows:

- 8 soundpools constitute the so-called "Starter Pack" (and are installed locally with the main program).
- By activating the programme, you will receive credits for three individual soundpools from the in-app store.
- In this same manner, you will also receive one credit for a soundpool collection (which consists of multiple soundpools).
- You also have access to several free soundpools via the in-app store.

I hope this information helps."

It sounds like I would probably get some duplication of Soundpools I have already from the Starter Pack and I should pick a Collection which has the fewest Soundpools I have already. I don't have any Acid Soundpools. Maybe there will be an Acid Collection soon if there is not one currently available.

Thanks again!

GRB wrote on 6/21/2024, 2:45 PM

I just upgraded to MM2025 Premium yesterday and spent all last night loading instruments and soundpools... I was wondering the same thing, but also saw so many load and avail in store besides the 3-1 credits there... I have to say, my list is quite full now (along with all the ones I had before).

Guess it could have been easier with a "Load all Owned content" button.....

But I'm grateful to get my Pool expanded so much with the upgrade....

@Philip-J thanks for posting the question and Support response so I could stop wondering.....

Last changed by GRB on 6/21/2024, 2:46 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

Philip-J wrote on 6/22/2024, 7:18 AM

Hi @GRB, you are welcome! Unfortunately for me, I just upgraded to MM 2024 Premium three weeks ago. I will wait maybe 6 months or more before upgrading to MM 2025. The SoundPools are excellent and offer many genres I do not know. I stopped listening to radio in 1980! I know what Rock and Roll, Score, and Jazz, are. The others are an interesting challenge to work with because I do not know them.

Best wishes,

Philip-J

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 8:40 AM

Hi @GRB, you are welcome! Unfortunately for me, I just upgraded to MM 2024 Premium three weeks ago. I will wait maybe 6 months or more before upgrading to MM 2025. The SoundPools are excellent and offer many genres I do not know. I stopped listening to radio in 1980! I know what Rock and Roll, Score, and Jazz, are. The others are an interesting challenge to work with because I do not know them.

Best wishes,

Philip-J

Hey there Philip, I totally understand the music genre confusion.... its actually overwhelming. I've asked younger people and they can't really explain them either, lmao.

You are good, Rock n Roll, Score, and Jazz/Funk are probably the most important ones anyways... well, and I guess Pop/Hits, Blues, and Country too.... 😎🎶✌️

I believe you are entitled to the new MM2025 if you just bought MM2024 3 weeks ago.... I'd check with Support on that... Can be tricky to find proper link to support, but they are great in my experience once you get the ticket going and a reply.

Nice to meet you! Thanks for reply and personal share.

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

johnebaker wrote on 6/22/2024, 9:01 AM

@Philip-J, @GRB

Hi

. . . . Can be tricky to find proper link to support . . . .

1. Click the Support link at the top of the page, then select your product

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the next page and select Contact Support 

3. Select Email Support, complete the following dialog and then select Submit Support Request.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 15, Movie Studio 2024, 2023, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB HDD (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

GRB wrote on 6/22/2024, 9:05 AM

@Philip-J, @GRB

Hi

. . . . Can be tricky to find proper link to support . . . .

1. Click the Support link at the top of the page, then select your product

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the next page and select Contact Support 

3. Select Email Support, complete the following dialog and then select Submit Support Request.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Thanks John.

I have been there plenty, but also keep seeing others saying its hard to find/get support, so figured I'd make that point to ensure its all good once you get it going.... in my experience.

I'm wondering if many use the Magix page route, see Pro Audio Support link, and assume thats the way, but its not for many Magix products besides Pro options.... or choose the "Forum/quicker" option to get answers as its stated somewhere in process of going to open a ticket....

Thanks for directions to help others.

Last changed by GRB on 6/22/2024, 9:09 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

bwhitnall wrote on 6/22/2024, 10:30 AM

I have just download and installed 2025 Premium on a Dell XPS 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) ¡7-1250U 1.10 GHz
16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable) 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. VERY disappointed with the performance at least 25% slower than the 2024 Premium and its very flakey, crashing for no apparent reason. Magix need to address this as soon as possible as the product in my hands is unusable.

Philip-J wrote on 6/23/2024, 5:37 AM

@bwhitnall You can try opening up a Support Ticket or start a new Forum post and someone may have some ideas to fix the problem. Good luck!

GRB wrote on 6/25/2024, 10:37 AM

I have just download and installed 2025 Premium on a Dell XPS 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) ¡7-1250U 1.10 GHz
16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable) 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. VERY disappointed with the performance at least 25% slower than the 2024 Premium and its very flakey, crashing for no apparent reason. Magix need to address this as soon as possible as the product in my hands is unusable.

There has to be an isolated issue causing this for you... MM2025Prem is markedly better and more stable in my own experience. I wish you good luck in finding/fixing the issue. Magix Support is very good, 24-48 hour reply in my experience over years too. Not sure why so many say they don't get that from support tickets....??? Always nice and helpful too!