MM 2013 Premium soundpool problems

JayGee716 wrote on 10/16/2012, 7:56 PM

I recently purchased MM 2013 Premium. I installed it on both my laptop & my desktop which is the server on my home network, though this has no true bearing on my issue. In both installations I am experiencing problems with the soundpools. 

I purchased a couple of soundpool discs on eBay (16 & 15) & I downloaded the two free collections from Catooh--"Best of Soundpools Volume 1" and "1000+ Sounds."  I can play the samples with Windows Media Player, iTunes & Media Player Lite so I know the files are OK. I've tried the default folder hierarchy and I've tried altering it to a more logical arrangement but that hasn't made any difference. 

From within Music Maker I click on "Add" to import then navigate to the directories and select the folder. It appears to imporrt them. Tthey appear in the soundpool listings. But the samples/loops will not play when selected for preview or if I add them to a track..

It's bizarre but in some cases, if I try to do a "blanket" import by selecting the parent folder, for example Sounpool 16, the status bar gets to 99% then the program crashes. I have to launch Task Manager to close it. I learned (the hard way) that I can import them one folder at a time and, in spot-checking, confirmed that they work but still some do not.

Any ideas? 

TIA, 

J

Comments

jayrocs wrote on 10/30/2012, 2:57 PM

I've had the same problem with MAGIX 2013 Premiuim and Previous versions. I've discovered an update for the 2013 which fixes that problem. But one way I found to get around that in the past is to insert the soundpool dvd and just copy all the loops directly onto my hardrive and then add them using the soundpool "add" option. I hope this helps you. Good luck and happy Music Making.

JayGee716 wrote on 11/1/2012, 7:58 PM

Thanks jayrocs!.   I'll try running the update routine to see if that corrects the issue. I had copied the soundpools to my drive-as much as I hate giving up the real estate-but that did not seem to make any difference.

jayrocs wrote on 11/6/2012, 11:50 AM

Are you actually adding them to the soundpool liberary or just referencing the disc? If you just reference them then they will not be playable from Magix unless the DVD is in the CD Drive. Also, you can remove items from the soundpool list by selecting them and pressing the "delete" button. Sometimes you may have to select it twice in order to delete the item. If I can be of any further help, please contact me again and I will help in any way i can.

Good Luck Bro!

JayGee716 wrote on 11/6/2012, 1:29 PM

The first time I added them, I goofed. I thought if I added them from the disc, it would copy the samples into the app. Obviously not!!  Then I copied the discs to the drive and added them that way. It's odd, but my two computers handle the deletes differently: My desktop (which I built) allows me to just use the "Delete" key once but my laptop (an HP)  forces me to use "ALT+Delete" or "CTRL+Delete"-now I can't remember-but the laptop requires deleting twice. Anyway, the update seems to have worked, knock on wood.

Thanks again!!