Mixer pre/post fader

lefko wrote on 7/18/2023, 2:06 PM

I finally broke down and have to move from my really old copy of Cubase. I'm trying out Samplitude. They are very similar almost to the shortcuts, but not quite. Gooe enough though for a major leg up on the learning curve. There is one thing I can't figure out though. In cubase the mixer was either set up long ago, or by default, as prefader. So I could see the effects of the VST plugins on the track I performed it on in the main project window, but I did not see the effects of what I did with the fader in the mixer window . So, I could hear the effect but see all tracks at 100% vloume. I figured out how to use plugins on an object, but I can not figure out how to get the fader to work prefader with Samplitude. I hope this can be done

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/18/2023, 2:24 PM

@lefko Open the track options (for example with ALT+i) and click on Effects/Routing. There you can change the order.

This works also by right clicking on the blue square next to "Plugins" in the mixer or object editor.

SP. wrote on 7/18/2023, 2:28 PM

BTW, Fanatical currently sells Samplitude Pro X5 (the non-Suite version) and Vegas Pro 18 Edit for under $25.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/content-creator-bundle-with-vegas-pro

lefko wrote on 7/18/2023, 3:17 PM

@lefko Open the track options (for example with ALT+i) and click on Effects/Routing. There you can change the order.

This works also by right clicking on the blue square next to "Plugins" in the mixer or object editor.

That may affect the plugins, but it doesn't appear to be affecting the fader on the channel

SP. wrote on 7/18/2023, 3:48 PM

@lefko Maybe this is helpful? From the manual:

In the AUX section of the Mixer and Track Editor you can route AUX sends and control their levels.

In the context menu of the Aux section you can set the AUX modes Direct out, Pre-Fader or Post-Fader.

Direct out: Audio is sent to AUX directly after gain. The color of the AUX send fader changes to red.

Pre-fader: Audio is sent to AUX after gain and all fx processing but beforethe volume fader. The color of the AUX send fader changes to yellow.

Post-fader: Audio is sent to AUX after all effects and the volume fader. This is the default setting. The color of the AUX send fader is orange.

Right-clicking on a mixer channel's AUX button opens the AUX routing dialog.

In the AUX section of the Mixer and Track Editor you can also display the output assignments of the channels with a right click. This is especially helpful if you use multiple outputs.

By right-clicking you can define the selected output as a "Direct out" (red fader display), a "Pre-fader out" (yellow fader display) or "Post-fader out" (orange fader display) or open the stereo panorama dialog to set the panorama for the respective outputs.

In the Matrix display of the Routing Manager you'll find a good overview of all assigned outputs.

By simply clicking in the matrix fields you can assign all available inputs and outputs to your project's tracks or lift existing routings.

By right-clicking you can define the selected output as a "Direct out" (red fader display), a "Pre-fader out" (yellow fader display) or "Post-fader out" (orange fader display)