Missing file: sfvstwrap.chm in Sound Forge 14 (build 65) 64-bit

arachnaut wrote on 6/19/2020, 5:23 AM

A help file is missing that supports a bunch of plug-ins. This is the name and file location that is being searched:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins\Help Files\sfvstwrap.chm

Comments

rraud wrote on 6/19/2020, 1:32 PM

Search this forum.. as I recall, this was an issue with the 64 bit SF Pro 14 version., I guess it was not fixed in the update. Try installing the 32 bit version, the 64 and 32 bit versions co-exist w/o issue and share many of the same settings and does not constitute an additional activation.

arachnaut wrote on 6/19/2020, 2:01 PM

I did a search for sfvstwrap, missing help, and core FX help and found nothing.

I downloaded the 32 bit version onto my laptop and it has the same issue.

This is the help file that is invoked when you click the '?' on the new core FX, such as cFX_Chorus_x64 or the 32-bit version.

I use Sysinternals Procmon to trace the help file call sequence to narrow down the issue - it is very useful for things like this.

PJH wrote on 10/20/2020, 5:37 PM

A help file is missing that supports a bunch of plug-ins. This is the name and file location that is being searched:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins\Help Files\sfvstwrap.chm

I found this file in the location above. However SF14 Pro will not load it.

So, navigate to the file, right click and send to desktop as a shortcut. It works from there.

arachnaut wrote on 10/20/2020, 5:57 PM

I downloaded the 32 bit version, and that folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MAGIX\Shared Plug-Ins\Help Files\) exists, but not the file.

Searching my entire system reveals no file called 'sfvstwrap.chm' anywhere.