Missing effects

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/11/2023, 9:00 AM

Looking for some help here related to effects. Some menu items for effects seem missing in my SFP 16.

For many years, I have used the following:

FX Favorites->Mastering and Repair->Mastering EQ->Brilliance

FX Favorites->Mastering and Repair->Mastering Exciter->Subtle Tube Warmth (gain -2.4)

FX Favorites->multiband compression->Warm compression

However, I can no longer find these options. Can someone help me find them? Where are they in SFP 16?

Thanks!

Comments

rraud wrote on 2/11/2023, 10:06 AM

Hi @Vinayak-Raghuvamshi, if they are VST plug-ins, confirm the folder they are in, is designated as one of the VST search folders in "Options> Preferences> VST Effects". Many VST <.dll> files by default are installed in the 'Steinberg' folder in the main 'Program files' and 'Program files (x86)' folders. VST-3 plug-ins are usually in 'Program files> Common files> VST3'

If the plug-ins you want to use are Direct X, 'some' are not available and/or do not work in 64 bit Sound Forge (case in point: the iZotope's Mastering Suite I and II that was included with SFP 9 and 10), however they do work normally in the x86 (32 bit) version, which btw can coexist with the 64 bit version.

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/11/2023, 11:37 AM

these are all the folders i could find. Still not finding them options.

rraud wrote on 2/12/2023, 10:51 AM

Which iZotope 'Mastering' suit or software do you have and was it included with which Sound Forge version? Is it VST or Direct X. DX plugs do not need to be in a VST folder and as I previously stated, some 32 bit DX plug-ins doe not work in 64 bit SF.

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/12/2023, 7:20 PM

mine came bundled with RX 10 elements. Ever since SFP 11, I have had those options. Even SFP 16 had those until last month when I uninstalled it because of various crash issues. Upon reinstalling, I lost those. I know I sound silly. sigh.

rraud wrote on 2/13/2023, 9:35 AM

On my PC the iZ Elements plug-ins (Ozone an RX) are in "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins".

Look for the iZRX10.. <.dll> (there are multiple files for the different tools) and the "iZOzone10Elements.dll" file.
If the plug-ins were uninstalled along with SF, you need to reinstall them, which is not done by default when SF is reinstalled.

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/19/2023, 3:11 PM

I had to go back to the old SFP 11. And that brought back these features that I had come to rely upon. Attaching the screen shot for reference. Any idea why these were removed from SFP 16? Is there a way we can get them back please? These features are the only reason I am still with SFP in spite of all the other issues with it.

rraud wrote on 2/19/2023, 4:41 PM

Those appear to be the Direct X iZ Mastering Suite II from SFP-10 and they would work in 32 bit SFP-11. They will also work in 32 bit SFP-16. As I previously stated, install the x86 (32 bit) version of SFP-16. Go to the "View> Plug-in Manager" and look in the DSP list to add them to your favorites.

Of course your x64 plug-ins will not work in 32 bit SFP so you cannot use both at the same time. The 32 bit VSTs work though.
FWIW, I frequently use the Multiband Compressor and the Mastering Exciter. The others ain't bad either.

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/19/2023, 5:07 PM

A fresh install of the SFP 16 32 bit version is not giving me these. The only way to get the mastering and repair suite seems to be through SFP 11 or 10. Are you aware of the individual download for mastering and repair suite and if it is available in 64 bit as well?

rraud wrote on 2/19/2023, 6:59 PM

AFAIK, there is no 64 bit version and it was specifically for Sound Forge, though it also worked in Sony Vegas and Acid, It works with 32 bit Magix versions of SF as well, including SF-12 though 16) Look more closely in the Plug-in Manager, it be should be in there, it is available for all 32 bit versions of Sound Forge on my PC,

Vinayak-Raghuvamshi wrote on 2/20/2023, 1:58 PM

Once it gets installed (Mastering and repair suite) with SFP 10 or 11, then it is available in all higher versions. However, if you fresh install just SFT 15 or SFP 16 on a clean machine, it is NOT available.

Basically, the SFP 10 or SFP 11 installs these plug-ins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins

that folder does not even get created with clean install of SFP 15 or SFP 16.

My feedback is to re-include the Mastering and repair suite with SFP 16 as it will work with it and it is just so valuable. Why would SFP ignore the best part of its suite is beyond my comprehension.

Some of the new AI based filters from Izotope are atrocious. They provide very less fine grain control and sometimes they screw up.

rraud wrote on 2/20/2023, 6:04 PM

As I stated the iZ Mastering Suite (I and II) that was included with SFP-9 and 10 was Direct X plug-ins. The iZ suite that came with SFP-11 was Necture as I recall which was VST

AI based filters from Izotope are atrocious

From a pro standpoint, I agree.