Midi Keyboard, not operating correctly

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/1/2024, 5:25 PM

Samplitude 8 - I loaded it 3 times and still have a MIDI keyboard note hanging issue. The "note off" signal seems not to get back to the keyboard. I swapped the AXIOM 25 with a full size keyboard and get the same problem. Hit a note and it's on forever. Using the USB interface in both cases.

The VST keyboard works with the mouse, can even see the keys from the MIDI interface get stuck, PRESS DOWN AND THE KEYS STAY STUCK THERE. Can Release them with panic signal or deselecting the VST panel.

MY VERSION OF SAMPLITUDE 7 NOW DOES THE SAME THING (HAS INHERITED THE PROBLEM).. Samplitude 5 WORKS FINE. Driving me nuts, put a ticket in 7 days ago and gotten no response.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/1/2024, 10:10 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 Please make sure, to use the correct version number. Samplitude 8 is 20 years old and likely doesn't work correctly on modern Windows systems. Samplitude X8 is the current version.

Make sure you set the Monitoring Mode to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine. The last seven days were Christmas holidays, so that's why you didn't get any answers from support. I suggest you ask for a follow-up response in your ticket or create a new one.

johnebaker wrote on 1/2/2024, 3:22 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058

Hi

Are the drivers from the keyboard manufacturer(s), up to date and at least Windows 8 preferably Windows 10 versions?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/3/2024, 8:16 PM

AXIOM 25 keyboard, using USB input/output, Windows Axiom functions as a class-compliant device and will be recognized by a computer without additional drivers on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Simply connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable, configure your recording software and start making music. However, we recommend that Windows users download and install the latest Axiom Series drivers found on the M-Audio website to do any of the following: • Control more than one application at the same time. • Simultaneously use other class-compliant USB audio devices. • Use long System Exclusive (SysEx) commands

That said WINDOWS 10 updates did not include SAMPLITUDE series software. Tried running in Windows 8 compatibility mode to no avail.

Will be back with more info later. I need to test the other music programs again, from my last trails IGNITE worked fine as did CAKEWALK, as did Samplutie X5, Going to double check that.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/3/2024, 9:48 PM

Also reloaded the Barringer UMC1820 driver for windows 10 to make sure it wasn't corrupt. Same results, stuck keys.

By the way: Stability of Samplitude x8 does not seem any better than previous versions, still have a hard time connecting the VSTi's on selection of instruments. Sometimes they connect, sometimes not, sometimes it's me not setting everything correct, but many times I am sitting here with no sound coming out, have to start over and erase the last sound and select a new one before I can get what I wanted.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/4/2024, 11:55 AM

Verified Samplitude x4 and x5 work with the keyboard, no stuck keys.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/4/2024, 11:58 AM

A note, the full size keyboard used with the same stuck key issues is an Alesis Concert series , Alesis says it supports Windows 11, (minimum OS required is Windows 7)

SP. wrote on 1/4/2024, 1:07 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 The difference with newer Samplitude versions is, that older versions had problems with Note On messages and velocity 0. Sometimes this was not correctly recognized and caused stuck notes. As far as I know, in current versions this is automatically translated to Note Off messages. But it seems in your case having the complete opposite effect, if this is even the cause for your problem, but I'm not sure. I suggest you contact customer support at proservice@magix.net

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/6/2024, 1:31 PM

Thank you for your input, i have been told Samplitude 7 had the problem you are referring too. I have created a support ticket and have had some interchange with them, but haven't heard from them relative to my last note to them.

This is very frustrating, it is the holidays, but the long response time for such a disabling fault is really hard to believe.

SP. wrote on 1/6/2024, 2:55 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 Have you contacted proservice@magix.net? Have you sent follow-up mails or are you simply waiting days for an answer?

You can additionally try the official Samplitude forum at https://community.samplitude.com

Maybe some users there have additional advice.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/7/2024, 3:28 PM

I have been in touch with proservice@magix.net,

The ticket number is noted below.

Yes I have been waiting for a response (as i know i am not their only problem) and continued to try additional fixes and feed back to them what I have tried.

Yesterday, I ran a WINDOWS system scan using spc /scan in the command line as administrator, system found some corrupt system files and the software fixed them automatically. Not sure what it fixed but there is a system log if i need to find out. No improvement in Samplitude performance.

I also ran the DELL computer system analysis tool and they updated the BIOS and a few other control files, no change in Samplitude performance.

Ticket number removed by Moderator

ChilCrazy wrote on 1/7/2024, 4:31 PM

Samplitude 8 - I loaded it 3 times and still have a MIDI keyboard note hanging issue. The "note off" signal seems not to get back to the keyboard. I swapped the AXIOM 25 with a full size keyboard and get the same problem. Hit a note and it's on forever. Using the USB interface in both cases.

The VST keyboard works with the mouse, can even see the keys from the MIDI interface get stuck, PRESS DOWN AND THE KEYS STAY STUCK THERE. Can Release them with panic signal or deselecting the VST panel.

MY VERSION OF SAMPLITUDE 7 NOW DOES THE SAME THING (HAS INHERITED THE PROBLEM).. Samplitude 5 WORKS FINE. Driving me nuts, put a ticket in 7 days ago and gotten no response.

I'm having the exact same issue and it's driving me nuts. thought it was my Kontakt, but ran it alone and it works just fine.

ProAudioTeam wrote on 1/8/2024, 4:55 AM

Hello everyone,

We have been able to reproduce and pinpoint the problem.
The behavior is observed and worked on in bug task SEQ-8347.

Best regards

Pro Audio Team

SP. wrote on 1/19/2024, 4:31 AM

@Peter-Gentile7058 @ChilCrazy It seems the bug was fixed with the newest X8 patch. For older Samplitude versions it might help to set the MIDI Out channel of the affected track to All.

Peter-Gentile7058 wrote on 1/20/2024, 4:04 PM

Yes, thank you, yes setting MIDI out channel to "all" did work. I don't have an older version of Samplitude 8

I'm using the version I just purchased, Samplitude 8 SUITE. This fix sounds counterintuitive, but it works.

By the way the VITA strings are awfully noisey I had to use RX7 to counter the ground noise. Is this the expected performance for these synths? (or do i have to start a new ticket to ask this question?)

Thanks again for the fix. Peter

SP. wrote on 1/20/2024, 5:12 PM

@Peter-Gentile7058 I'm pretty sure the strings sound won't be changed. The recordings are probably 20 years old and never changed. It's also subjective if there is too much noise. At least you can modify the noise level with the help of RX if you don't like it.