Midi Input problems with Samplitude Pro x6 Suite

Timothy-Hopkins wrote on 12/6/2021, 9:52 AM

Hello, I recently purchased Samplitude Pro x6 Suite after using ACID PRO 10 for some time. Although Samplitude shows my digital piano in its MIDI input list I am unable to get the program to receive input from this device. My other midi devices are working as they should and my piano still works fine with ACID PRO. The driver for the device is up to date. I have followed all available instructions with no success. Looking for some assistance!

Tim

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/6/2021, 11:30 AM

@Timothy-Hopkins You should have selected the Piano as an input and the correct MIDI channel (or all channels) in your track settings and the ASIO audio driver and the Mixer FX Monitoring/ Hybrid Engine monitoring mode in the program settings.

Timothy-Hopkins wrote on 12/6/2021, 11:54 AM

@SP. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I've done all of that but still no input other than with one usb midi device which works no problem. I've since discovered as well, that my analogue synth is also not giving input.

Timothy-Hopkins wrote on 12/6/2021, 12:31 PM

Problem just solved. I guess this is the learning curve of trying a new DAW. Had to assign device and playback separately in track options.

doug_mccarron wrote on 6/4/2024, 11:24 PM

NO clue what you two just said to each other. Why can't the software show up ready to go instead of all this?

We are born an awareness that takes a body. During life we build a personality, defense system, understanding of life. But all of that came after we were born, and is not who we truly are. We are each one seven billionth of one species among hundreds of thousands of species on a small little planet that circles a small ball of fire in a galaxy containing more suns than all the grains of sand in all the deserts of the earth, a galaxy among billions of galaxies, a galaxy flying through never ending space at 1,304,880 miles per hour. Our made up personality wants to be the center of all things, a god, but we aren't. We are like those little grains of sand in the endless eternal desert, but diamonds and sapphires are grains of sand. Like those little grains of sand, we are each a beautiful diamond. Let God love you.

SP. wrote on 6/5/2024, 4:07 AM

@doug_mccarron The software is set up that it runs on the lowest common denominator. For optimal performance on your system you need to change the settings once.