midi import

m1.c0 wrote on 6/23/2022, 11:55 AM

UPDATE: is it that music maker doesn't support multiple tempos/bmp values?!

hi,

i'm trying to work with midis but:

1 - the app doesn't auto break up the file into the many instruments like other apps do and

2 - when i drag and drop the file the tempo is messed up and i have to (?) manually set tempo changes over the pieces? why and how do i do it?

thanks

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 6/23/2022, 2:01 PM

@m1.c0

Hi

. . . . the app doesn't auto break up the file into the many instruments like other apps do . . . .

Music Maker never has had this capability, you have to separate the individual MIDI channels manually - this may involver loading the MIDI file on up to 16 tracks and filtering the MIDI data for each track.

See MIDI channel filter in the manual.

. . . . drag and drop the file the tempo is messed up . . . .

Check if turning off the option indicated in the image below, stops the tempo change for MIDI - this normally affects only audio files and loops

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

m1.c0 wrote on 6/24/2022, 4:36 AM

@m1.c0

Hi

. . . . the app doesn't auto break up the file into the many instruments like other apps do . . . .

Music Maker never has had this capability, you have to separate the individual MIDI channels manually - this may involver loading the MIDI file on up to 16 tracks and filtering the MIDI data for each track.

See MIDI channel filter in the manual.

. . . . drag and drop the file the tempo is messed up . . . .

Check if turning off the option indicated in the image below, stops the tempo change for MIDI - this normally affects only audio files and loops

HTH

John EB

yeah, regarding the channels/instruments i had it figured out myself...

the tempo situation is little bit more pressing... it seems music maker doesn't support tracks with multiple tempos (bpm values). that's a shame and a serious limitation.

SP. wrote on 6/24/2022, 5:29 AM

@m1.c0 That is why there is Samplitude Music Studio for users who want to get more features. You could try the demo version with your MIDI files. The workflow is the same in both programs.

m1.c0 wrote on 6/24/2022, 5:33 AM

@m1.c0 That is why there is Samplitude Music Studio for users who want to get more features.

an app for every feature... lol

SP. wrote on 6/24/2022, 9:02 AM

@m1.c0 There are four levels:

1. Music Maker for beginners and users who want to build songs out of audio loops in a fast way but don't need many editing features.
  2. Samplitude Music Studio for ambitious musicians who want to record their music in a home studio environment.
  3. Samplitude Pro X for professionals who do recording, mixing and mastering work for clients,
  4. Sequioa for usage in broadcast radio and TV stations.

If you want every feature you just buy Sequioa for $1600.