MIDI HOST

brian-hawley wrote on 3/25/2024, 10:46 AM

I have a problem, i want my donner dmk25pro midi keyboard to be host, and my midi synths to be devices, i cannot check the box , which i believe is the spot, under the in midi device, it says, use as midi channel "x" where x is a choosable 1 thru 16 midi channel option, yet its greyed out, my donner dmk25pro can only control vst's and not my hardware synth. How do i make this happen.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/25/2024, 2:27 PM

@brian-hawley Is receiving MIDI synchronization data enabled in the Synchronization settings under the Arrangement settings?

brian-hawley wrote on 3/25/2024, 2:48 PM

I will check when i get home. I am at work. I believe it is all set up. I just can get any midi device to control any other midi device only vst's to which i do not use... at least the piano see's my dmk25pro

SP. wrote on 3/25/2024, 2:54 PM

@brian-hawley Make sure to connect your hardware synth to your keyboard as well.

I'm not sure it will work Keyboard -> Music Maker -> Hardware synth

You probably want the connection to be Keyboard -> Hardware synth -> Music Maker if you want to record the audio output of the synth.

brian-hawley wrote on 3/25/2024, 4:01 PM

Here's the thing. My jt-4000 is usb midi only, my dmk25pro is usb midi controler keyboard thing, not an instrument, i have many synths, and have not been able to control a dam one except by itself. The midi in and out work fine in magix, i just cant say.. have jt-4000 as out, dmk25 in and when i hit record, i play on either and notes are recorded in magix, yet no sound from dmk25 but sound from jt-4000. I want to hear the jt4k notes off the dmk25 , and control the synths like that.

SP. wrote on 3/25/2024, 4:26 PM

@brian-hawley Maybe try a different tool like VST Host from here: https://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm You probably want to download and install the 64 bit version:  vsthostx64.zip

Select as MIDI input your DMK 25 PRO and as a MIDI Output your JT-4000. Then you should be able to play your synth with your keyboard.