MIDI EDITOR - MMM 2025 PREMIUM

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/5/2024, 4:54 PM

Hello!

I am using Music Maker 2025 Premium.
I have a problem with the MIDI Editor.
I can only see C notes in the MIDI Editor, no other notes.
I've watched videos of older versions (2021) where users use the Editor in a completely separate window and all sounds are visible.
In the 2025 version, there is no longer a separate window, which is more convenient, the only problem is that I can only see the notes C.
What do I need to set up to see the other sounds?
I will send a picture of the problem!
I hope someone will help.

Thank you for your answer in advance!

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/5/2024, 4:57 PM

@Peter-Blutbad Simply drag the MIDI Editor tab to undock the window.

The different C keys show the beginning of octaves of the keyboard.

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/5/2024, 5:08 PM

Thanks! I understand this, I can do this, but I can't see the other notes: A, B, D, E, F, G. It would be easier if I could see them. Unfortunately, I'm not a musician and I don't have a physical MIDI keyboard either.

SP. wrote on 7/5/2024, 5:42 PM

@Peter-Blutbad Click on the small +- buttons in the lower right corner next to the scroll bars. This will enlarge the keys until you can see the names.

You can use the internal MIDI keyboard under the keyboard tab to play with your computer keyboard. Simply load a virtual instrument in your track, click on the REC button in the track header so that it shows MIDI REC, then click on the internal MIDI keyboard, it will show letters of your computer keyboard you can press to play the notes.

You can enable Step Input in the MIDI Editor Options menu to easily input note after note. To change the note length, simply change the quantization in MIDI Editor toolbar..

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/5/2024, 6:01 PM

@SP. Thank you! I have one more question! Where can I set the song to be in 4/4?

SP. wrote on 7/5/2024, 6:32 PM

@Peter-Blutbad Next to transport controls.

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/6/2024, 8:17 AM

@SP. Thank you! I have one more question! In the MIDI Editor, my mouse cursor is always a magnifying glass. I can click anywhere, but as soon as I move the mouse to the MIDI Editor, the magnifying glass always appears. I restarted the program but still the same situation.

SP. wrote on 7/6/2024, 8:35 AM

@Peter-Blutbad That's a bug that isn't resolved yet, because it's not clear what triggers it. It usually helps to restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

Peter-Blutbad wrote on 7/6/2024, 8:54 AM

@SP.Thank you! I restarted the computer and reinstalled the program as well. It works fine now.

SP. wrote on 7/6/2024, 8:58 AM

@Peter-Blutbad It's generally a better option to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu. As far as I know, a reinstallation will not reset the program settings and therefore will not help if the program runs unstable.