MIDI duplication of track 'stutters'

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/10/2023, 7:44 AM

Good day, my magix people

When I duplicate my piano MIDI track by using ctrl and dragging the new track will 'stutter'. What I mean by that is that after every note there is complete sudden silence, while the original rolls (let the tone fade out) after every note. I have already tried to duplicate it in other various ways (by hand-adding notes and double recording on the original). So, even when I extend the original it will still stutter. This problem also isn't helped by extending the notes themself..

I'm really lost on this matter and it's really upholding the things that I want to do. Does anyone know how to fix or work around this problem?

Cheers,

Jop

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/10/2023, 7:54 AM

@Jop-Diepenbrock Are the instrument settings identical in both tracks? Especially settings like sustain.

Or does this problem also appear in a single track?

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/10/2023, 3:39 PM

@SP. This problem also occurs when in a single track. Might have something to do with how many MIDI tracks you have? Because when having one it's fine, but coping or making more it will stutter.

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/11/2023, 4:47 AM

@SP. It seems that every time I mute the other MIDI tracks, it does work again..

Also, you can't bypass it by downloading it and putting it back in, will still 'stutter'

SP. wrote on 7/11/2023, 4:54 AM

@Jop-Diepenbrock Could it be that your computer gets overloaded by multiple instruments?

You can open File > Settings > Program Settings > Audio/MIDI and then click on the Advanced button to open ASIO driver settings. There you can increase the buffer size. A high size like 2048 samples will introduce noticeable latency but might reduce stuttering.

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/11/2023, 5:25 AM

@SP. Sadly to say that it hasn't worked, have tried every sample. Have also tried every other setting in the Adio/MIDI tab..

I'll also try in the evening to see if it works on a stronger computer..

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/13/2023, 5:49 AM

@SP. I tried to edit my tack on another app and I found out that it has something to do with the hold pedal of the piano. It seems that my hold pedal wasn't on for some reason in the Magix editor.

Is there a way in Magix to change for how long and where the hold pedal is on? It might be a good addition to the Magix editor.

SP. wrote on 7/13/2023, 6:07 AM

@Jop-Diepenbrock There is a controller editor inside the MIDI editor.

Click on the button to open it. Then you probably need to select the sustain controller and edit it.

Jop-Diepenbrock wrote on 7/13/2023, 6:21 AM

@SP. OMG, it finally worked 🙀. Phhf, thank you so much 🙌 I'm literally so happy, you have no idea