Midi Controller Problems

Play wrote on 10/15/2009, 2:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've read through other similar questions but the problem I'm having is that i'm getting NO sound now i've connected and installed updated drivers for my Korg K49. 
I'm using Samplitude Music Studio 15 and the 'Midi In' reads 'K49 1 KBD/Knob' and 'Midi Out' would be 'Vita' for e.g.  However that track doesn't produce a sound but what happens is that another track's volume meter flickers each time I press a key. 

Please help!

Comments

ceeders wrote on 10/16/2009, 1:35 AM

hello
I am French. I made a video for the controller and music studio.
course is in French.
may be the video may help.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/ceeders/video/x9kmrz_video-controlleur-et-samplitude-15_music

ceeder

NoTurning wrote on 10/16/2009, 7:51 AM
Hi,
With Samplitude you must "arm" each track to record and you must specify what device to record.
Make sure your track is set for midi and armed for midi input.
Justin
NoTurning wrote on 10/21/2009, 11:42 PM
Hi,
Now you have to click the monitor button in the icon area of the track. It will say something like REC or MON and clicking it twice will enable MIDI monitoring.
Justin
Play wrote on 10/25/2009, 3:51 PM
Thanks for the help, I think i'm understanding it more now but right now, I have not selected 'software fX monitoring' or 'Software monitoring' (I haven't been able to as it seems fixed on 'Peak Monitoring'. 
I take it these have to be selected to be able to 'Play live' which is what I want?  Also, i've got my controller connected directly to my laptop via USB and not thru an external soundcard, so i'm not sure where that leaves me in terms of the whole ASIO thing.

This is also how I have things set with a another laptop running music studio 2003, and that works fine. 
Just wanted to give as much info as possible.

Thanks
Play wrote on 10/26/2009, 2:38 PM
I've now fixed the problem!  I configured some of the audio settings and it solved everything.  Thanks for the help.
NoTurning wrote on 10/26/2009, 3:07 PM
Congratulations!