Messy "undo" behavior in Samplitude Pro X

Adam_C wrote on 11/21/2023, 3:55 PM

Hello, Everybody,

New to this forum :-)

I have an issue with Samplitude Pro X (now using version 7 on Win11, but it was the same in version 3 on a different computer with Win7)... Would like to know if any of you noticed the same problem:

When I change the volume of an object using the handle and then change the volume of another object (also using the handle) and then hit "undo" (or ctrl+z), the program undoes both actions at the same time. It is really annoying and dangerous, because sometimes I may be editing one object in the beginning of a project and then, after some 10 minutes of listening, some other object near the end of the project (having already forgotten the first edit), and then I decide to undo the last action, but it undoes also the first one and I may even not be aware of that! In fact, Samplitude undoes any number of consecutive volume changes I have made in just one "shot"!

It's even worse than that: it seems to me, that some changes made in the Object Editor are also "grouped together" with other actions by the undo history. For example: Try opening an object in the Object Editor and changing the length or shape of a fade-in or fade-out of that object. After you did this, close the Editor and than make any other edit anywhere else in the project (change a volume, trim or move an object, move a fader in the mixer... anything!). And then hit "undo". It will undo the last edit but also the fade change you made before! Arrrghh... It's awful! Do your copies of Samplitude work the same? How could this obvious bug not be sorted out since at least 4 versions before? Is it any better in Pro X8?

Please comment, I would love to hear from you,

Adam from Poland

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/24/2023, 8:33 AM

@Adam_C I recommend you ask at the official Samplitude forum at https://community.samplitude.com

Adam_C wrote on 11/24/2023, 8:40 AM

OK, so this is not the official Samplitude forum? :-O I was directed here from the Customer Support web page…

Thank you, anyway, @SP.

emmrecs wrote on 11/24/2023, 9:01 AM

@Adam_C

Yes, it is confusing!

These forums here are intended for users of the majority of Magix audio, video, photo editing, web creation and design programs but the "professional" audio products, Samplitude Pro and Sequoia do have that dedicated forum to which posters here are generally directed, simply because there are users there who are far more experienced with those specific softwares than users who post here.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Adam_C wrote on 11/24/2023, 12:01 PM

OK, thank you very much, Jeff