MEP18 in sync, ProX4 not

Cleber wrote on 11/26/2012, 12:30 PM

This is interesting... I use ProX3  and MEP on a regular basis but was travelling with a laptop that only had a new installation of ProX4. Working with long clips of MP4 video from a Hauppauge HD PVR, all the videos had audio getting gradually out-of-sync as the clip progressed on ProX4 (about 1/2 a second or so at the end of a 25 minute clip).

Have a dual-boot Win7 32 and 64, so just bought, downloaded and installed MEP18 (MX) on the 64 bit side as I wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem (have worked with these clips for a long time on MEP on other computers without problems). Audio is in sync. Every time.

If I open the project I created in MEP18 with ProX4, the audio continues to be in sync. I think there might be a frame table problem with ProX4, but the "recreate frame table" option isn't available on the project originally created with MEP18 when I right click on the object.

Anyone seen something similar? It is just too odd that ProX4 is out of sync but MEP18 works fine...

Thanks,

Cleber

Comments

Cleber wrote on 11/26/2012, 4:51 PM

Went back through my notes, turns out there used to be a problem with MEP as well, but it was fixed (there is an entry on the change log about a "frames issue" with MPEG being fixed).

Maybe that "fix" hasn't been applied to ProX 4 yet?? I would find that very strange if it were to be the case.

C