Comments

rraud wrote on 5/19/2020, 9:45 AM

A lighter color display is easier to see, "Options> Preferences> Display". The default is dark on Pro 14 I think.

Also, try changing compatibility settings in the <Forge140.exe> or the shortcut's "Properties> Compatibility> Change high DPI settings> High DPI scaling override"

You can also increase the global DPI % to make 'everything' on the PC larger. I have my high-res laptop PC's display set to 1920x1080 with a DPI of 175% for my 'less than perfect eyes". There are a few caveats to a high DPI setting though, but a occasional minor annoyance IMHO when everything else is easier to see.

Myke wrote on 5/19/2020, 4:09 PM

Thanx Raud, I'm with a new PC, and 'temporarily' setting it up on this 85" 4K TV - truly wondrous, however, the very high resolution = a really tiny menu and toolbars. I can't find those 'compatibility' settings that you mentioned. Also, I do have a newer version than 11, but can't find it, nor do I see it on their website, and 'Support' is....

Clicking and clicking,

Myke

Myke wrote on 5/19/2020, 4:09 PM

rraud wrote on 5/20/2020, 11:21 AM

"I do have a newer version than 11, but can't find it, nor do I see it on their website"

Not sure what you mean but, If you have the serial number for a newer version, go to the Magix Download Center. You will need your log-in and enter a valid serial number for the version you wish to download.

SF-11 had a sizing issues with high-resolution displays. The below changes made SF-11 menus larger for me. Subsequent versions of Sound Forge (12+) may not need the DPI scaling.

- Right-click the SF shortcut or the <.exe> program file and select "Compatibilities"
- Select "Change high DPI scaling" and OK.
- Check-mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior". in the 'Scaling performed by' context menu, choose "System (Enhanced)" - click OK.

If this does not make it large enough, you may want to adjust the Windows overall display DPI and/or display resolution.

Myke wrote on 5/23/2020, 8:16 PM

Thanx Rraud! That did it!  This is the next {hopefully Last!} weirdness; the software starts fine after selecting 'OK', but I wonder what this means {or if there's a fix for it}. Thanx again - your help was truly appreciated!, Myke

rraud wrote on 5/24/2020, 11:48 AM

Glad the DPI scaling adj. worked.

I have not uncounted the 'runtime' error message, so can't help your there

I do have a newer version than 11, but can't find it, nor do I see it on their website"

Do you have a serial number? (Yes or no.. do not post it)

Myke wrote on 5/25/2020, 3:07 PM

Hy Rraud,

Yes, I have a serial number for SF-11. Now I cannot find the DeHisser, etc. I have the 'Noise Reduction Plug-In 2.0', but it seems incomplete, and it's not listed on my 'Magix' products page - any suggestions? Myke

Myke wrote on 5/25/2020, 6:31 PM

Hy, I still cannot find that 'De-Hisser' anywhere! I even uninstalled SF-11, went back to SF-10, but it's just not there; needing help please & thanx, Myke

rraud wrote on 5/26/2020, 11:41 AM

Hi Myke, there is no specifically named "DeHisser" in the NR-2.0 suite. Just open the 'noise reduction' section and capture a 'noise-print' and process with the desired amount. Sometimes two passes are better with a lesser amount. than one pass with excessive settings.You can use the high-shelf option to further filter out high frequencies.

Download Pro 11 by going to the Magix Download Center. You will need your log-in info and a valid serial number. As I recall, the SF Pro11 installer has the option to install the NR-2.0 suite as well,Go to the Magix Download Center. You will need your log-in info and a valid serial number for the version you wish to download.

Myke wrote on 5/26/2020, 2:51 PM

No pun intended, but 'hmmmm' - here's where it got confusing see the attached picture from one tutorial - maybe in SF-12 / 13 / 14? Worth the upgrade? Myke

rraud wrote on 5/26/2020, 5:01 PM

Not sure about the "Audio Restoration" tool in the tutorial.

As I recall, SF Pro 11 included the NR-2.0 noise reduction Direct X plug-ins, SF Pro 14 includes 'iZotope RX Elements' as well as the legacy NR-2.0 suit of.plug-ins (noise reduction; click -crackle removal; clipped peak restore). The more expensive 'Suite' version of Pro 14 also includes 'Spectral Layers Pro' and additional FX plugs.

NR-2.0 was originally an optional plug-in with a separate installation and serial #, I do not recall exactly when it was included with SF.. or was part of the SF installer and did not need a separate activation. Pro 11 I think, but I could be wrong. Below is a screenshot of the SCS NR-2.0 noise reduction plug, the Magix version is identical except for the 'Sony' branding.

Myke wrote on 5/26/2020, 6:05 PM

Rraud,

Somewhere I saw that they were on N.R. 2.0m! Yowza! I'm really behind :)

Thanx for your 'sound' advice. Again!

Myke