MEDIA SOUNDPOOL'S AND VST'S

David-Barselow wrote on 9/2/2021, 7:00 PM

Music Maker ver. 30.0.1.23 (2022) Premium, I have multiple questions I'll bullet them so it will be easy and quick for answers

1: can I use my own sounds for Song Maker if so how

2: How is the non-commercial seperated from the commercial soundpool's so I can buy Commercial Soundpool's and begin to make, and produce music.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/2/2021, 7:10 PM

@David-Barselow

1. Yes. You need to create your own Soundpools. Just look into some different Soundpool folders to learn how they are structured. You have a BPM.inf file with information about tempo and pitch levels. Then you have subfolders for the different instrument types. The file names of the loops end with a number which corresponds to the pitch levels.
  2. There is no difference between commercial and non-commercial Soundpools. The commercial license is just a documentary proof in case somebody wants to see it.
David-Barselow wrote on 9/2/2021, 7:26 PM

for answer to #2 I guess I should have been more clear when I install my commercial licensed sound pools once purchased how can I keep them seperate as to not mix them up and at some point not have non-commercial on my machine at all. I just had a idea can I purchase license's to what is already installed on my pc. I really liked your answer for my first question thank you

johnebaker wrote on 9/3/2021, 1:22 PM

@David-Barselow

Hi

. . . . I just had a idea can I purchase license's to what is already installed on my pc. . . .

That is exactly what you are doing when buy a commercial licence.

. . . .  I install my commercial licensed sound pools . . . .

As @SP. commented - there is no distinction between personal and commercial soundpools, ie they are the same Soundpool, there is nothing to indentify which is personal and which is commercial licensed other than the paperwork (purchase confirmations)

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.