Mastering Glitches

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/13/2021, 8:07 AM

Bought SoundForge audio studio 15 365 and started mastering my Wav's. All of a sudden Sound Forge decided to add small silent pauses, not random but with an annoying accuracy through out the track. It's not my fault becauce I havent change my routines. Nor have I changed the settings. What's Up?!

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/13/2021, 8:19 AM

@Tomas-Hgberg Are you using some plugins in demo mode?

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/13/2021, 8:34 AM

Not That I'm aware of. Though I had a Demo version installed when my computer crashed and I had to rebuild everything from scratch. And this problem occured with the demoversion too. So I decided to buy the full version when my computer was fit for fight again, cause I suspected it to be a limitation in the Free version.

SP. wrote on 11/13/2021, 8:46 AM

@Tomas-Hgberg Are you using some kind of special encoded audio files or just normal PCM-WAVs?

rraud wrote on 11/13/2021, 9:47 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Tomas-Hgberg.

Are the glitches and dropouts displayed on the waveform?

started mastering my Wav's.

Are your "Wavs" PCM files ? (which typically have the <.wav> extension)

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/13/2021, 1:33 PM

Yes, you can see a short, flat line instead of the usual zigzag pattern...so strange

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/13/2021, 1:35 PM

Just perfectly normal wav's

rraud wrote on 11/13/2021, 4:48 PM

Yes, you can see a short, flat line instead of the usual zigzag patter

@Tomas-Hgberg, this usually indicates an issue with the file itself and not the playback application. Can can we assume the glitches are present on other players?

Can you post the file on GoogleDrive, OneDrive or other cloud drive to download for inspection?

SP. wrote on 11/13/2021, 4:54 PM

@Tomas-Hgberg Could you try to re-encode the problematic file with a free tool like XMediaRecode as a PCM-WAV file? And then try again to load the file in Sound Forge? It would be interesting to see if the problem still persists after the re-encoding.

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/13/2021, 5:06 PM

Ok. I'll try that tomorrow. Thx.

Tomas-Hgberg wrote on 11/14/2021, 7:23 AM

So, firstly the glitches ar present when I play the mastered wav in Windows Groove and Media Monkey and of course SoundForge. I have re-encoded with XMediaRecode with no result. The rendering format from Acid 10 to wav is your standard microsoft Wave 44100 Hz 16 bit stereo PCM Bitrate 1411 Kbps. Its so strange that I was able to master 10-15 tracks with no problems and then, over night it didnt work anymore.

rraud wrote on 11/14/2021, 9:33 AM

I would look into the Acid settings and such since that is where the 'corrupt' file was rendered. Were there any plug-ins being used in Acid. Was this a one-time occurrence or does it happen with subsequent renders and other projects from Acid? I would also look to the Acid Product Family users community for answers as well.
If this is repeatable on other Acid projects, I would try resetting Acid. The reset procedure is the probably the same as with the other SCS legacy products.. Via a command in the File menu, or by holding the 'Ctrl+Shift' keys whilst launching the application brings up the reset dialog. Reset and clear all cached application data.