Comments

rraud wrote on 5/4/2022, 4:40 PM

I cannot find Spotify in Mastering, assuming that is in 'Instant Actions'.

Regardless, what format is the original file you are working on?, If it is a lossy type format,, try enabling: "Always proxy compressed formats" in the "Options> Preferences> General" menu.

You can also use a compressor/limiter to achieve an integrated loudness of -14 LUFS, which is within the 'standard' loudness range for music web streaming and streaming services like Spotify YouTube, TIDAL, iTunes/Apple, Amazon. Pandora, Deezer, ect.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @VegasProAus.

VegasProAus wrote on 5/5/2022, 12:25 AM

G'day Rraud,
Thanks for your reply. The mastering options (templates) are listed on the right hand side bar of my SF panel. After fiddling around a bit, my guess is that it's placed there by IZotope's Ozone Elements (plugin?) that came bundled with my SF 15. I have a feeling that the reason the mastering output has several gaps is that I'm holding an evaluation license for Ozone Elements, so it must restrict it's functionality. I believe once I buy a full license, the mastering output will be ok.
As I've mentioned before, this is the first time I try to use SF to master a track so I'm completely lost :)
I check out SF's built in Mastering feature to see if I can do it without using a template like the ones available via OE.
Thanks again for your help and for your warm welcome to this confused rookie!
All the best, mate!
Cheers!

craig-d wrote on 5/5/2022, 2:49 AM

hi @VegasProAus, when you purchase sound forge directly from magix, you get a serial number for ozone elements with your confirmation (listed also with your sound forge serial number). you have to use that ozone serial number to activate the plugin, otherwise, you will only be able to use the demo mode, which creates these gaps. if you purchased sound forge as part of a bundle, or via a third party retailer, then you may not get the ozone serial number. i hope this helps!

VegasProAus wrote on 5/5/2022, 6:55 AM

Hi Craig-d,
Thanks for the info....
I've bought VEGAS PRO 19 from Magix. It came bundled with SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO 15. That's probably the reason why OZONE Elements is NOT listed under MAGIX Service Center > My Account > My Products
So it looks like I'd have to buy either an upgrade to SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO 16 (or a full version of SF 16) or buy OE ....
Am I right or am I missing something ??

rraud wrote on 5/5/2022, 10:07 AM

So it looks like I'd have to buy either an upgrade to SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO 16 (or a full version of SF 16) or buy OE .... Am I right or am I missing something ??

buy OE @VegasProAus .. It is really not cost effective upgrading to Audio Studio 16 from AS 15, just to get Ozone Elements. Upgrading to SF Pro 16 (or the Pro Suite) is another story, which includes many more plug-ins including iZ's Ozone Elements and RX Elements. See the Sound Forge comparison webpage. SF Pro has other advantages as well like plug-in automation.. and neither SF AS or VP supports the VST-3 format.
iZotope has really great holiday deals, but that is months away. Plugin Boutique frequently has good deals on iZotope and many other plug-ins.

VegasProAus wrote on 5/6/2022, 12:45 AM

Thanks, rraud... I'll buy OE as I'm not a sound engineer so PRO would be too complex for me, at this stage.
Thanks, mate!

rraud wrote on 5/6/2022, 10:11 AM

I'm not a sound engineer so PRO would be too complex for me

The basic UI of SF Audio Studio and SF Pro are identical.. if you can edit on AS, you will be able to do so with SF Pro without missing a beat.
As I stated, the Pro version has more plug-ins you may or may not want. It also has a setting to automatically open the last file used when launched. AS inherently opens a blank timeline, so a previous or new file must be selected. Pro also has a custom keyboard shortcut creator (though.. there is a way to create custom key commands in AS too by editing the pertinent system file).

VegasProAus wrote on 5/6/2022, 11:41 PM

Thanks Rraud.... It may be better to upgrade to SF Pro after all...
Also, I've joined Plugin Boutique...
Great tips, indeed !
​​​​​​​Thanks mate!