Master volume and mute buttons randomly break.

Damon-Smith wrote on 11/15/2021, 4:58 PM

This has happened twice now. While working on a project, the master volume and mute buttons stop responding. Most of the loops volumes are in the red and I can't change it.

I was dragging and dropping loops into tracks(the tracks had loops in them already... I dropped them at the end beyond the end marker). When I found the sounds I wanted I created new tracks and dragged each one into their own track... that's when the controls broke.

But it gets worse, I made two copies of a file to try different arrangements without altering the original and both files are broken but the original was fine. Unfortunately one of the files that broke was one I planned on keeping. Restartng and rebooting didn't help.

I'm using MMM 2020 version 29.0.6.35, windows 10. Not using an audio card, just the on board sound.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/15/2021, 5:59 PM

@Damon-Smith If the loops are in the red it's not a problem because the internal audio engine works at 64 bit and should be able to handle it. You need to find a way to reduce the volume of the master channel. Maybe add a limiter effect and reduce the gain. Does this work?

You could then export the tracks as separate WAV files and import them into a new project that's not broken.

Damon-Smith wrote on 11/16/2021, 8:48 AM

@Damon-Smith If the loops are in the red it's not a problem because the internal audio engine works at 64 bit and should be able to handle it. You need to find a way to reduce the volume of the master channel. Maybe add a limiter effect and reduce the gain. Does this work?

You could then export the tracks as separate WAV files and import them into a new project that's not broken.

My point in creating the post was to find out why something like this would even happen in the first place. Yeah, I had to move all my tracks into another file twice now which is a pain. And i have to worry about the app breaking anytime I use it, which is ridiculous.

The problem is that the volume controls just stop working, and i cant find a way to re-enable them in the project. It doesn't make sense.

So I'm hoping to hear from someone who has had this issue and knows how to correct it. Because this shouldn't happen from Just dragging and dropping loops into tracks, that's one of its primary functions.

SP. wrote on 11/16/2021, 9:13 AM

@Damon-Smith Even if some other users encountered the problem there won't be an update for version 29 to patch it. You only could update to version 30 and maybe this error is gone.

browj2 wrote on 11/16/2021, 9:38 AM

@Damon-Smith

Hi,

I'm using MMM 2020 version 29.0.6.35, windows 10.

Just a note, version 29.x.x.x is MMM2021, not 2020 and is a 64 bit version.

If you upgrade to 30 or MMM2022, it is free. Just make sure to log in and you'll see your most latest Edition. Then download and install everything under Downloads.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos