Comments

rraud wrote on 1/10/2022, 10:07 AM

Since this is the Sound Forge forum, I would recommend Sound Forge Audio Studio or Sound Forge Pro. (see SF comparison page). They are many tutorials online (search) and you can try out Sound Forge for 30 days free. IF you decide to purchase, there is a subscription version (360) and the perpetual version. I think there are a few days left on the holiday sale.

There are a few ways to 'mashup' songs in Sound Forge, The fastest easiest being open/merge the song files. Alternately, you can open the files and copy/paste between the song timelines and add (or remove) silence between the songs. Then encode an MP3, and other file types or an Audio CD.. whatever that is.

btw, @vagrai58 best wishes for 2022 and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.

vagrai58 wrote on 1/10/2022, 10:26 AM

Can ACID Music Studio do it or not? I doubt if I should choose ACID Music Studio or SOUND FORGE AUDIO STUDIO

rraud wrote on 1/10/2022, 5:05 PM

You could do it in Acid.. but Sound Forge would be a better choice.. unless you need looping and multiple tracks for instruments and vocals
SF is a multi-channel app, whereas Acid (and Vegas) are multi-track.. Multi-channel and multi-track are for different tasks. Musicians usually need multi-track for recording, overdubbing and mixing multiple instruments, whereas a DJ would typically want a multi-channel app to edit previously mixed songs (mono, stereo or surround).

CyberBeat wrote on 1/11/2022, 4:35 PM

Acid was design for exactly what you're trying to do and more, not Sound Forge.

rraud wrote on 1/12/2022, 10:54 AM

Unless I am misunderstanding the term 'mashup'. Sound Forge Audio Studio (SFAS) would be the better suited for assembling prerecorded songs. Both SFAS and SF Pro has an 'Event' mode which allows song clips files to be dragged around on the timeline. Cross-fades can added manually or automatically if so desired. Acid Music Studio (AMS) is about the same price as SFAS and can do the job for sure, but is more complex (IMO) with features designed primarily for musicians. Playlists can also be created in SFAS, I am not sure if AMS has that feature. In any case, both are available in the 30 day trial versions to try-before-you-buy.

CyberBeat wrote on 1/12/2022, 3:21 PM

A mashup is where you take the vocals from one song and mix the instrumental from another. The tempos have to be lined up perfectly and everything. That's I'm saying Acid is the better choice. It's got the beatmapper to help with the tempos plus you can split events and move them around much easier then Sound Forge. I would never try this in SF. Are you kidding me?

rraud wrote on 1/12/2022, 3:48 PM

In that case @CyberBeat, Sound Forge would not be much good.
You will have to forgive my old school ignorance of not knowiing definition of "mashup".

Similar to young folks who are unfamiliar with the terms, overdubbing and reel-to-reel, amongst others from the magnetic tape age.

SP. wrote on 1/12/2022, 9:22 PM

@vagrai58 @CyberBeat I can highly recommend Hit 'n Mix RipX Deep Remix https://hitnmix.com/remix-software/ to get instrumental and vocal stems from any song you then can use to create a mashup in any DAW of your choice.

The software just costs about $100 and creates much better stems than more expensive tools like iZotope RX or free tools like Spleeter.

Of course, it is recommended that you use high quality WAV or FLAC files from the original audio CDs to get the best results. You also should have a modern NVidia graphics card for fast processing. I personally use a GTX 1660 Ti and it works fine.

rraud wrote on 1/13/2022, 9:36 AM

Steinberg's SpectraLayers Pro (which is included with the Sound Forge Pro Suite) can also extract stems. It ain't 100% perfect, but it is certainly usable in most cases. I have not compared the stem tools in SLP, RX Adv and Spleeter.