Manually remove duplicate Soundpools in MMM 2013

JayGee716 wrote on 1/30/2014, 7:55 PM

A couple of years ago I read a post that explained a simple method to remove duplicate sound pools. Unfortunately I have forgotten how and I cannot find that post. I will say up front, the accepted answer of Settings->Reset/Cleanup Soundpools does not work.

In another instance of this fairly oft-asked question, a young user outlined a way to do it via editing the SoundPoolDB.dat file. While an admirable endeavor, it is definitely NOT for the faint of heart and if you do not know what you're doing you'll find yourself reinstalling the whole program. Via his suggestion, however, I did learn why "90s Eurodance Vol. 1" was duplicated: I have the one from SoundPool 19(?) and I have, as a result of getting for free MMM Soundtrack Edition, Basics_19 which has a scaled-down copy of that one. 3 copies of "Electric Jazz Vol. 1" remain a mystery.

The previously mentioned "lost" method involved selecting the "offending" duplicate and, using a simple key combination, deleting it. I just cannot remember the key combination. It wasn't "Delete" or anything that simple. It's right on the periphery of my memory but it remains just a hair beyond my grasp. Something like Shift+....something!!!

Anyone else rmember this????

Thanks!

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 1/31/2014, 4:27 AM

Please read the tutorial you will find a lot of answers.

http://www.magix.info/us/soundpool-problem-and-solution-faq-for-mmm-16-premium.online-training.70780.html

nihon94

JayGee716 wrote on 2/1/2014, 12:46 PM

http://www.magix.info/us/soundpool-problem-and-solution-faq-for-mmm-16-premium.online-training.70780.html

nihon94

Thanks. but I had read that tutorial before I posted. It does not address or solve my problem.  I do not want to remove all Soundpools and reinstall them. I simply want to remove the duplicates. As I mentioned in my OP, "Clean Up" and "Reset" has not worked so far.

Gryami wrote on 2/1/2014, 5:56 PM

Hello everybody,

I, along with many others, have had this problem.  However, I refer to MMM Production Suite only.

The keystrokes that I used were: Shift + Alt + Delete.  But it depends on what file you highlite.  But it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gryami.

nihon94 wrote on 2/1/2014, 8:26 PM

nihon94

Thanks. but I had read that tutorial before I posted. It does not address or solve my problem.  I do not want to remove all Soundpools and reinstall them. I simply want to remove the duplicates. As I mentioned in my OP, "Clean Up" and "Reset" has not worked so far.

In your case go to the Soundpool folder, delete that particular Genre appearing as duplicate in the Sound library of Music Maker and Add once again. Please note unless you got backup of your Soundpool do not delete the Genre from Music Maker folder.

Other than above, I had made a PDF tutorial for some Keyboard Short cut keys if you want

http://www.magix.info/us/mmm-16-premium-guide-to-keyboard-shortcuts.online-training.74621.html

nihon94

JayGee716 wrote on 2/2/2014, 3:25 PM

Here's what I find when I navigate to that folder. One Soundpool named Basics_19. That's it

As I mentioned, through the post of another user, I realized the reason why 19 is duplicated but there are other dupes to which that exception does not apply. I added those from another hard drive attached to my computer after copying them over from the DVDs. 

I really appreciate your taking the time to help. I'm just at a complete loss here. I'm beginning to think I should just live with the duplicates. What difference is 5 or 6 GB anyway? 

Gryami wrote on 2/2/2014, 8:55 PM

In addition to my previous post, I have found that my answer is a temporary solution.  The duplicate styles return after reloading the program.  I apologies for any inconvenience caused.  This problem is becoming a nusance.  I will endeavour to find answers.

Regards,

Gryami.

JayGee716 wrote on 2/4/2014, 12:32 PM

Hello everybody,

I, along with many others, have had this problem.  However, I refer to MMM Production Suite only.

The keystrokes that I used were: Shift + Alt + Delete.  But it depends on what file you highlite.  But it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gryami.

Somehow I missed your post. Don't have time right now but I'll try that. Might get same results but perhaps not. Thanks!