Main studio computer died, have v 7.x - can't find serial

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/28/2023, 6:33 PM

Hello,

GPU died on my studio comp and I have a backup running now. Once the parts arrive next week, I'll be back up and running. Using v 7.x - I'm trying to get my backup up and running so to get back to work. I looked through all of my cds and can not locate the serial number. I do, however, have a "Authentication Code" I had gotten from Sony via email years ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this taken care of? Thank you for your time!

Comments

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/28/2023, 6:45 PM

Install cd located, can't find sleeve/box

SP. wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:18 PM

@Jack-Millz If you registered your software with Sony your user account should have been transferred to Magix.

Visit Magix.com and login with your old Sony login credentials. You should find your registered products and serial numbers in your customer account.

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:28 PM

I tried that, it did not work. Do you have a email for support? Is it support@magix.info ? Thanks for the reply!

SP. wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:33 PM

@Jack-Millz It's infoservice@magix.net.

You might try a password reset in case your Sony customer e-mail never changed and you still have access to it. Maybe it will work.

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/28/2023, 7:39 PM

Tried that at Sony, it sent the email to change, then opened the prompt, then after changing email on Sony's side when you click submit, it throws a site error (so probably not working anymore would be my guess). Thank you for the support email.

SP. wrote on 11/29/2023, 2:14 AM

@Jack-Millz Of course, resetting the mail password at Sony won't work for the Magix website.

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/29/2023, 3:03 AM

Yes yes. I shot Magix an email, hoping for a response today, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

SP. wrote on 11/29/2023, 3:06 AM

@Jack-Millz Response time is 3-4 days. I hope you'll get an response earlier.

Jack-Millz wrote on 11/29/2023, 4:41 AM

I should be good to go, got 30 days off the install of the CD, and parts arrive in a few days to fix my main computer. Since you have been responsive, maybe you can answer a few questions? Does Acid 10 still function like v7? I learned all the shortcuts years ago. I'm not against upgrading to 10, but only if the functionality is the same.

SP. wrote on 11/29/2023, 4:52 AM

@Jack-Millz I don't think ACID changed much. You could always try the current 30 days trial version. Biggest difference is the change to 64 Bit and the inclusion of Magix instruments and plugins, the in-app-store and, as a bonus, Brainworx plugins.