Magix Xtreme Photo 7 - Is there any reason not to uninstall it???

Pataro wrote on 11/5/2008, 2:29 PM
I've used Adobe Photoshop and Xara for many years. Magix Xtreme Photo 7 was bundled with latest version of Xara Xtreme, so loaded it with new Vista 64-bit system. From my perspective, the program is hideously ill-designed, counter-intuitive, and the help files are useless. I've been unable to accomplish anything remotely acceptable with this program after 2 days of use and am about to give up. Any suggestions???

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 11/6/2008, 7:17 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Xtreme Photo Designer 7 offers a lot of the features you will need for your basic photo manipulation/optimization and raster graphics tasks. I do agree with the notion that some of the functions and workflows are a bit counterintuitive to use, especially if you're used to other photo/raster applications. I also come from a background of using different raster programs, including some bigger names, and I did have some problems getting started. Utimately, I found that I could accomplish most tasks in it, if I really wanted to and was willing to figure out how it works in Photo Designer. But, yeah, it's certainly no Photoshop. So, if you're a Photoshop user, don't lose any more sleep over it and just stick with the software you like. Then again, Photo Designer is also not sold as a top-of-the-line product. It's a little photo side-product for Xara's excellent vector graphics software and a free download from Magix.com (version 6)...just to be fair.