Magix Video Pro X4

RH01 wrote on 11/14/2013, 9:14 AM

I use Magix Video Pro X4. I have a problem with the program. Support is no longer present from Magix. The program shuts down constantly and writes this error message every time: Troubleshooting - A serious error occurred - Error in module 'video_pro_x.exe - load address 0x00400000 two address 0x00c79216 exception 0xC0000005 "access_violation" The program then turns off.
Maybe you've got the same error message. The message appears on the screen when the machine render effects. I first started using the program now and I'm certainly not happy about its properties. So really hope that there are some who can help me because otherwise I think 400 EUR is a lot of money for this product. For I am not a happy customer at the moment. Thank you. Best regards, Ralph

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/14/2013, 10:34 AM

Unfortunately, that error message does not really tell us very much about what is going wrong with your set up, I think.

Whenever I have had this type of problem with any version of VPX the only real solution seems to be a complete uninstall (using either the MAGIX Removal tool or something like Revo Uninstaller, not just trying to do it via Windows own Add/Remove Programs) and then reinstalling.  Such a "clean install" usually means the program is back to full working order.

BTW, I assume your comment on no support from MAGIX is because you would now have to pay for a support ticket etc. to be created?  I am certainly not aware that they do not offer support to older versions.

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 11/14/2013, 10:34 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 11/14/2013, 11:06 AM

Hi

. . . . Troubleshooting - A serious error occurred - Error in module 'video_pro_x.exe - load address 0x00400000 two address 0x00c79216 exception 0xC0000005 "access_violation" . . . .

This may not be a VPX issue but a problem with another program which is also running eg Antivrus etc .

Memory is reserved by Windows for each running program, sometimes a program may suffer from memory leak and does not correctly release memory allocated but no longer needed.

Windows, thinking this has been done, re-allocates that memory to another program eg in this case VPX and when VPX tries to access it, it cannot because the program that should have released the memory is in fact still holding on to it.

A restart usually fixes the problem until it occurs again.

The big problem is finding out what is causing the problem in the first place.  There are many programs which allegedly can detect and fix memory leaks, however I would be very careful about which you try.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/14/2013, 11:06 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

RH01 wrote on 11/14/2013, 11:28 AM

Hello Jeff,
Thank you for your message, it was nice of you to answer my question. I'll try to remove the program completely in the manner you describe. Magix would like to answer my question, I'm sure, but I think it's a bad way that you have to pay to get in contact with them. They should be free to answer an inquiry without the need to take a long time, it is my opinion. So it's cool this way the users of the product can help each other. What do you think otherwise about the program in general, because I think it seems like it has many options, but is not very user-friendly. Best wishes from Ralph from Denmark :-)

RH01 wrote on 11/14/2013, 1:21 PM

Hello John,
Thank you for your message. I try to remove the program completely as Jeff suggested.
Best regards, Ralph