MAGIX Video easy doesn't want to recognize my Serial-no.

lejla-n wrote on 2/5/2024, 11:11 AM

I have bought the Video Saver 8th edition, and since my laptop doesn't have the CD drive, I had to download the programm online. I tried to activate it with the serial number from the back of my CD sleeve, but it only shows the red X, and it cannot proceed to the next step. I have reentered the same number many times, just to make sure it's correct. Can I solve this problem any other way?

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/5/2024, 11:23 AM

@lejla-n Hi, there may be another reason but if I remember correctly - the serial no it starts with P3 .... .... .... ....? When you enter this number you don't inc the P at the beginning as it's already applied in the activation window at the start of where you type the number.

lejla-n wrote on 2/5/2024, 11:30 AM

Thank you for your fast response. I have typed it without the P at the beginning and the serial number on my CD sleeve starts with a 2, not with a 3. Is there any other way I can download the program without the CD?

emmrecs wrote on 2/6/2024, 4:28 AM

@lejla-n

Serial numbers starting with P2 are for older programs.

I suspect you may have downloaded a later version of Video Saver than the one that is on the CD you have. If so, that later version would expect a serial key beginning P3.

Have you considered buying an external USB DVD drive (they can be bought for relatively little cost), attaching it to your computer and using it to install the software on the disc?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Former user wrote on 2/6/2024, 6:39 AM

Have you considered buying an external USB DVD drive (they can be bought for relatively little cost), attaching it to your computer and using it to install the software on the disc?

@lejla-n That's what I'd do or see if you can borrow a mobile CD/DVD Drive.

johnebaker wrote on 2/6/2024, 7:40 AM

@lejla-n

Hi

. . . . I have bought the Video Saver 8th edition . . . . the serial number on my CD sleeve starts with a 2 . . .

Video Saver 8th edition uses a P3- serial number and should work on Windows 11 providing the Camera and Microphone Privacy settings, Let desktop app access your ...... is turned on.

Where did you buy the software from?

Depending on where you bought the software, you may have received a Voucher/Coupon code - if so then you should be able to redeem the code here and receive a serial number by email.

If you bought a 'used' copy then it is up to the seller to give you the serial number and they must notify Magix that they have sold the software to get it de-registered.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 2/6/2024, 7:51 AM

@lejla-n You can get the correct installer for your serial number from here: https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/

Former user wrote on 2/6/2024, 7:54 AM

@SP. I think you've tagged the wrong person.