Magix this is (sort of) unacceptable!! MM Premium 2019

jubilee-nunn wrote on 9/15/2018, 12:51 AM

Well Magix you did it, you made your DAW much more stable and feature proof. But there are still some glaring problems, although not as weighty, I'd like to address.

• Customized hotkeys. Firstly, THANK YOU but it still doesn't always obey my commands. I'm having problems with the split key and the delete key which I bound to the ` key.
  • The SHIFT key function doesn't work unless you go out of inspector mode into the fullscreen midi editor. Why haven't you fixed this?
  • Please change the color scheme of the midi bars. The dark on dark background with tufts-blue doesn't really stand out. If I may suggest a columbia-blue or tiffany-blue which would make the midi bars POP and look much more visible and easier to work with?
  • PLEASE fix the menu bar in the arranger. It still is tedious to work with and oftentimes offsets the whole arranger window when trying to use it.
  • Please keep updating to make the user experience more smooth. Although the newest version is much much more stable, I still experience stutters and freezes, and long loading times.

Thanks for listening to your users! I find the NEW updates impactful enough that will hopefully draw in old users again.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/15/2018, 4:08 AM

@jubilee-nunn

Hi

. . . . I'm having problems with the split key and the delete key which I bound to the ` key . . . .

You cannot bind 2 keyboard shortcuts to one key.

. . . . The SHIFT key function doesn't work . . .

For which action are you trying to use this?

. . . . The dark on dark background with tufts-blue doesn't really stand out. . . . .

There may be an issue with your monitor/graphics card colour settings, the colours are fine here, however I am using colour corrected monitors.

. . . . PLEASE fix the menu bar in the arranger. It still is tedious to work with and oftentimes offsets the whole arranger window when trying to use it. . . . .

Again no issue here - what triggers the offsetting of the arranger window, a screenshot of before and after this occurs would help.

. . . . I still experience stutters and freezes, and long loading times. . . . .

We need more information as playback can be affected by:

1. Computer specification
  2. Audio buffer settings in the program settings
  3. Number of effects applied

John EB

Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.