Magix requests graphics card update

Brian-Hay wrote on 1/13/2024, 6:42 AM

I have Photostory 2024 which is functioning as expected. The only issue I currently have is that whenever I go to export a project. After starting the export, the 'Mix-Down' pop-up window opens and along the top it says 'Mixdown...(Please update your graphics dr...).

(My (old) Asus laptop has two graphic cards, an Intel and a NVIDIA dedicated graphics card. In Photostory 'settings' I have set the NVIDIA graphics card as the default card)).

I have checked for the latest drivers on the Intel, NVIDIA and Asus websites. They have all resulted with the latest drivers being installed. I also have 'Driver Easy' and that says all the drivers are up to date.

It seems to me this is a glitch in Photostory or maybe the message to update the graphics driver is generic and there as a reminder just in case the graphics driver does require updating. Has anyone else had this or can someone provide an explanation for this?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/13/2024, 8:15 AM

@Brian-Hay

Hi

. . . . It seems to me this is a glitch in Photostory or maybe the message to update the graphics driver is generic and there as a reminder just in case the graphics driver does require updating.  . . . .

The same is occurring with Movie Studio and Video Pro X - see this topic for more information, most of it applies also to Photostory for exporting and/or Blu-Ray disc creation.

All my testing, so far, points to an issue (bug?) using NVidia GPUs for rendering the export.

If available, set the Intel integrated GPU as the default graphics device to see if this improves exporting.

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 1/13/2024, 8:16 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.