Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/1/2021, 2:50 PM

@Former user, @emmrecs

Hi

. . . . I am seeking for an option about hardware acceleration. Can't find it . . . .

Depending on the version of Photostory you may have 2 Hardware Acceleration (HWA) options available when exporting to a video format that can be HW accelerated as shown below, click the Advanced button in the left dialog to get the right dialog.

However there is one requirement - you need an Intel processor with a suitable integrated GPU ie generation 7 or later.

As you mention CUDA - which for video acceleration on export - has been defunct for many years when Nvidia dropped support for CUDA (incorrectly named) video export acceleration, the correct name is NVCUVENC, and if you have a processor without an integrated GPU or an AMD processor based PC with a Nvidia card installed, then there will be no hardware acceleration.

If you look at the specifications for Photostory, you will see there is no mention of Nvidia or AMD GPU's - they are not supported.

If you have not purchased Photostory yet then to get HWA capability on a Nvidia GPU then you need Movie Edit Pro 2022, this also has a minumum requirement for GPU's of Intel Graphics HD 630, NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050, AMD Radeon RX470.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Former user wrote on 9/2/2021, 1:51 AM

Dear John,

Thank you so much for your extended answer. My hardware has it all, so that is not the problem. At the moment, I am in a try-out mode. It could well be, that this version doesn't give all the options free. I will check the option in the pictures you send. Again, thanks!

Johan

savage10 wrote on 9/18/2021, 11:47 AM

Dear John,

Thank you so much for your extended answer. My hardware has it all, so that is not the problem. At the moment, I am in a try-out mode. It could well be, that this version doesn't give all the options free. I will check the option in the pictures you send. Again, thanks!

Johan

I had to turn on hardware acceleration in windows 10 to get it to work its off by default. I found it in a post and all worked fine after turning it on. I could then use the photostory to turn it on and off.

How to enable or disable Hardware Acceleration in Windows 11/10

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/hardware-acceleration-windows-7