MAGIX PHOTOSTORY DELUXE 2020 do not want photos to move to music

hazbe wrote on 7/27/2021, 2:47 PM

I found the icon to attach the music to the photo's in Timeline mode, which seems to be hard-wired as it is turned on and does not turn off when clicked and I have found nothing in the manual or in the program about this icon. I want it turned OFF, so, how do I do that? I do not want the photos to be timed to the music. I was able to manipulate the music and move it around in previous versions of Photostory without involving the pictures. I am not professional and just want to make my slide show, put in my photos, add some transitions, drop the music in where I want. No Wizard thanks. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/28/2021, 11:53 AM

@hazbe

Hi

. . . . I found the icon to attach the music to the photo's in Timeline mode . . . . No Wizard . . . .

Do you mean the Musical editing adjustment wizard which detects the beat of the music and then adjusts the length of the images accordingly ?

If so the results cannot be undone other than manually restoring the lengths of the adjusted images.

If not the above which button do you mean - a screen shot would help?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/28/2021, 11:57 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

hazbe wrote on 7/28/2021, 7:58 PM

No I don't mean the Musical editing adjustment wizard. I was not using the Wizard and don't want to. I put all the photos into the Project by hand and set all times and transitions by hand. I selected a song from "my music" and dragged it to the second track while in Timeline mode. When I moved the music bar with "my music song" it dragged the pictures with it and stretched them and destroyed all the timing I had set manually. I did not know why, then discovered the "attach music Icon" and saw that it had been activated although I had not done that. I do not want the pictures to be attached to the music in order to move to the beat. So I want to deactivate the icon. With most icons you click to turn on and click again to turn off. This icon does not turn off. I want the music to stand alone from the pictures. Maybe this new version of program doesn't do that. Let me know. I hope I have explained my situation more clearly. Thanks for your help.

emmrecs wrote on 7/29/2021, 4:17 AM

@hazbe

@johnebaker asked for a screenshot of this icon that you wish to deactivate! Without it, we really are guessing at what the solution might be!

However, your description above suggests that your tracks (photos and music) are "grouped". If they are, moving one will always move the other. To remove the grouping, click on one of your tracks, find the icons highlighted in Red on this screenshot and then click the one highlighted in Green. Doing so will ungroup the tracks and they can then be moved independently.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 7/29/2021, 4:18 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

savage10 wrote on 9/19/2021, 4:09 PM

No I don't mean the Musical editing adjustment wizard. I was not using the Wizard and don't want to. I put all the photos into the Project by hand and set all times and transitions by hand. I selected a song from "my music" and dragged it to the second track while in Timeline mode. When I moved the music bar with "my music song" it dragged the pictures with it and stretched them and destroyed all the timing I had set manually. I did not know why, then discovered the "attach music Icon" and saw that it had been activated although I had not done that. I do not want the pictures to be attached to the music in order to move to the beat. So I want to deactivate the icon. With most icons you click to turn on and click again to turn off. This icon does not turn off. I want the music to stand alone from the pictures. Maybe this new version of program doesn't do that. Let me know. I hope I have explained my situation more clearly. Thanks for your help.

This will let you move Music/audio without massing up your photos, in mouse mode you can move anything and it only moves what you want.

From the manual photoshop 2022

Page 37 in the manual. In timeline on the same line as group and ungroup you will see 2 mouse pointers the one without the 3 dashes next to it is mouse mode. Till I found this I messed up so many slide shows moving audio as it also moved my photos, no more!!

Mouse modes With these mouse modes you can specify various working methods of MAGIX PHOTOSTORY DELUXE when moving objects. In this mouse mode all objects located behind the one selected will be moved in unison.