Magix "new" strategy

Reyfox wrote on 5/18/2023, 11:50 AM

Don't know if anyone has seen this or mentioned it, but there is a new sheriff in town.

A new Chief Product Officer.... I hope it's not just "market speak" and something positive will happen soon.

Comments

CubeAce wrote on 5/18/2023, 12:39 PM

@Reyfox

Not much point in speculating but he did get versions of Pro Tools / Sibelius move toward cloud computing and team editing. Not sure what else he is responsible for.

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.5011

Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2130 for 7th-10th Gen Intel® with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 560.81 - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MMS 2024 Suite v 23.0.1.182 (UDP3) and VPX 14 - v20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MMS 2024 Suite, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio. Mixcraft Pro 10 Studio.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

Reyfox wrote on 5/18/2023, 2:15 PM

@CubeAce

Well, I am not one for cloud anything myself... as for team editing, I have that already if need be.

browj2 wrote on 5/18/2023, 2:44 PM

@Reyfox

Hi,

Interesting and maybe a can of worms.

MAGIX Software GmbH, a leading provider of audio and video software solutions, announces their new strategy and vision: Democratize audio and video creation by enabling content creators and knowledge workers with intuitive, assisted and collaborative workflows. The company aims to streamline the creative process as a whole, allowing users of any skill level to focus on creativity and produce better and faster results. Executing on this new strategy, MAGIX consolidates its product portfolio and reorganizes the company with immediate effect. Shifting from a product-based towards a capability-based organization enables a culture of efficiency, innovation and collaboration, with the goal of bringing cutting-edge solutions to the market faster. This will maximize cross-product synergies and focus investments on delivering maximum value to users of Vegas, Sequoia/Samplitude, Music Maker and MAGIX content.

Key Organizational Changes with Jeffrey Krebs as Chief Product Officer

To spearhead this shift in product strategy, MAGIX is pleased to announce the appointment of Jeffrey Krebs as Chief Product Officer (CPO) across all products, with the product leadership team reporting directly to him.

Jeffrey comments on his new role, "I am thrilled to be joining MAGIX ... The company's dedication to innovation and customer-centric approach aligns with my vision for the future of digital content. I am eager to contribute to the mission of democratizing audio and video creation, and I look forward to delivering cutting-edge solutions that empower creative minds around the world."

"Democratizing audio and video creation" sounds like marketing gobledegook.

"This will maximize cross-product synergies and focus investments on delivering maximum value to users of Vegas, Sequoia/Samplitude, Music Maker and MAGIX content." Whatever that means.

It reminds me of "MX STANDS FOR MEDIA-X-CHANGE... ...the idea being based around simplified media and data exchange within MAGIX programs and services. In time, all products of the MX Series will be able to exchange data between each other – directly from the application – and will strengthen the interaction with Cloud services, mobile devices and social networks. We will continually develop MX series products in this direction for you." This somehow disappeared.

There was a time when we could round-trip between MEP and Music Maker. Now, Share in Music Maker has disappeared. We can't even use Sound Forge (the new branding) Audio Cleaning Lab 4 as a replacement for Music Editor in MMS/VPX because MAGIX broke it. Going from Samplitude to VPX no longer works but the command in Samplitude is still there. And so on.

As for Magix Content, I can only assume that Magix wants to add the Store to Vegas and Samplitude.

So, for Mr. Krebbs, who apparently lives in wineland Kelowna, my suggestion is to forget all the gobbledegook and just fix the bugs.

And so on...

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 5/18/2023, 3:03 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Reyfox wrote on 5/18/2023, 3:27 PM

@browj2 market speak, using terms that sound wonderful to the uninitiated, just don't work for me. I've heard them all before with other software, and nothing happened with the software.

With Vegas 365, they already have "Access over 1.5 million royalty-free stock video and audio". I don't have 365, because it's a forever payment, and only one installation. With perpetual, you can install on 2 computers.

Allowing the editing software to access other products from within the editor is something that might be nice. I don't do any audio editing, having Soundforge Pro sitting idle but from within Vegas, I can access it or any audio editor. When I do photo editing, I use Paintshop Pro, which I can access also from within Vegas and round trip easily.

Bug fixing and stability are key to any editing software. Many have left Premiere for that reason. There is so much work that needs to be done everywhere. Talk is cheap.

Nalmcruto wrote on 5/20/2023, 9:19 AM

It does likely mean that Magix will pour more of its investment into Vegas. Gary Rebholz of the Vegas Team has been promoted to CPO of Magix's video business. https://www.magix.com/us/company/management/#c775663

But I don't think VPX/MMS is at the end of its life. VPX/MMS might continue to move in a different direction than Vegas, but probably not as fast.

Reyfox wrote on 5/20/2023, 1:20 PM

@Nalmcruto I guess one day we will find out. I think the corporate wheels turn real slow....