Magix Music Maker version 24.1.6.127 (UPD3) crashes

jeroen-cabbolet wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:35 AM

Hi all,

On my laptop (Aspire V3-771G ) , i find that after creating a song, including sampled pieces, and saving it, MMM crashes when i try to play it after closing the program. I've tried all possible Audio playback drivers. I've also noticed that the Magix Low Latency 2016 driver crashes almost always, so i've switched to my Direct Sound driver. My computer runs Windows 7 Home Edition 64-bit.

I've had some succes when i close Skype and Google Chrome, but currently, even on a system with nothing running in the background, my latest project simply does not play.

Details:

Magix starts, i get the startup screen letting me choose "new or load". I choose load and pick my MMM file. It loads to 94%, and then slowly builds up the screen with the top line being filled with the key (A - C# , whatever). It finishes till 100%

The track uses 13 instruments and total play time is about 2 minutes. My laptop has 12 GB of DD3 memory.

At this moment, i can press or choose everything, it works, also choosing an instrument loop from the sound pool. It does play it's 2 bar loop. But when i try to play the hole project, or part or it, the application crashes (windows shows "Magix has stopped working").

I've also noticed that this problem is more common when i save a project with "REC" turned on for a certain track. However, in this case, i've only been playing around with more complex sound engineering for a certain track (so FX for an instrument uses several DSP's, like Reverb, DSP , Compressor, etc). However, muting that track does not help.

I've also noticed with the recent updates, that during the update, i get an error that something is missing:

api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll

However, the installation does finish and says it was succesful.

I'm not sure if it's related to my issues.

I've NOT tried a complete uninstall/reinstall yet. Please advice what's best.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Comments

jeroen-cabbolet wrote on 9/4/2017, 9:51 AM

Update: i've just deleted the more "exotic" bass track and it now plays. So obviously, the system is fighting to output the sound of the bass real time. What can i change ? I've played around just now with the settings of the Magix Low Latency 2016 buffer size, but to no avail.

jeroen-cabbolet wrote on 9/4/2017, 11:00 AM

Another update: i've uninstalled (gave an error, which i was unable to send !!!) and reinstalled. But the problem persist unfortunately.

johnebaker wrote on 9/4/2017, 12:40 PM

Hi

See this topic on the issue you are having with the 'missing' DLL.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jeroen-cabbolet wrote on 9/5/2017, 3:37 AM

Hi

See this topic on the issue you are having with the 'missing' DLL.

HTH

John EB

Hi Johnebaker,

Thanks, but it doesn't work. The .dll cannot be installed/downloaded. Various Microsoft scan/fix software does not detect that it's missing (i've tried about 3 of them). Even the link to a download and unregister/reregister failed (the downloaded dll appeared not to be a valid dll). I think the issue is two fold:

1) The Magix Music Maker development team build the software DEPENDABLE on the wrong dll. They should change the software compilation to avoid depending on non existent files (where the functionality IS actually ony my computer, but with a different version

2) I need to revert some installation, most likely Microsoft Visual Studio, but as i'm a software engineer and need certain version, this is not an option.

Anyways, if someone has a good idea, let me know !

regards,

Jeroen