MAGIX Music Maker making a computer generated random selection on vita track keyboard synthesiser

allerton482 wrote on 4/9/2013, 6:19 AM
hello, when I use Magic Music Maker 16, and when I use vita track synthesiser in my arrangement, can anyone tell me how to make a random selection of notes on the keyboard. I hope that makes sense. I'm not to exprienced at making own melody so I'm trying to get computer to generate a random tune like similar to song maker. Regards.

Comments

Procyon wrote on 4/9/2013, 11:47 AM

I don't have MM-16, but I seriously doubt it.  Synthesizers costing thousands of dollars don't have the capability to randomly compose music, so there's no reason to expect an inexpensive software program to be able to.

If anything at all, there would be a "sample and hold" feature in Revolta 2, but I'm not aware of any such thing, and it wouldn't produce anything you would call a "melody".

BTW...Vita is a MIDI Editor, while Revolta 2 is a software synthesizer.  Vita acts as a MIDI sequencer that is able to control any MIDI instrument, software or hardware.  But you still have to "program" it with either a MIDI keyboard controller or by "drawing" in the notes.