Magix music maker audio problems

DeathTbh wrote on 5/12/2021, 4:05 PM

Even if you dont have an answer i was hoping someone could point me in the right directions to find help with my audio drivers, ive been messing around and been having a variety of issues, like the audio glitching out sometimes when i try the piano and having to choose between being able to hear the audio from magic and not from other programs or vice versa.
Im an amateur music maker and would apperciate the help immensely.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/12/2021, 4:32 PM

@DeathTbh Hello! Usually you need to select an ASIO driver in the program settings. This driver needs to be selected if you want to work with audio + MIDI and hear the virtual instruments playing MIDI notes. The other drivers work fine if you just want to make songs out of audio loops.

The ASIO driver that comes with Music Maker is Magix Low Latency 2016. This driver doesn't allow other programs to access your sound hardware while it is selected in Music Maker. You need another ASIO driver that allows that. You could get an external audio interface with ASIO drivers (for example I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 and it works fine with multiple applications) or you can download and install the demo of FL Studio which comes with the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can then select this driver in the program settings.

If the audio is glitching out you need to increase the buffer sizes in the program settings and in the drivers "Advanced..." settings. Bigger buffer sizes cause less glitching but more latency. If you don't care for latency then set a high value for the buffer sizes. If you care for low latency you probably need an external audio interface. But it can also help if you try to close programs running in the background. If your processor is under heavy load it will produce more audio glitches.