Comments

SP. wrote on 7/7/2021, 5:51 PM

@daniel-d Maybe this was caused by a recent Windows 10 update? Does it help if you make a right click on the program icon, then on properties and then change the compatibility mode to Windows 8 or Windows 7?

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 2:10 AM

Tried your suggestion but still the same. The software worked OK under Win 10 still a month or two back. I have also Magix Music Studio 2 and that one works perfectly well including the export options.

SP. wrote on 7/8/2021, 2:31 AM

@daniel-d Okay, I would suggest you uninstall your program (you could maybe also use a tool like Revo Uninstaller for this) and reinstall your program.

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 2:37 AM

Will try this.

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 3:05 AM

I did reinstall the software, still the same, no option to save (export) files. All exporting options 'light gray' (not active).

SP. wrote on 7/8/2021, 3:40 AM

@daniel-d Is there an option to reset the software to its default settings in the menu?

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 3:50 AM

Yes, there is. I did reset to default settings. No change.

emmrecs wrote on 7/8/2021, 3:59 AM

@daniel-d

Since the version of MM you are running is now ten full versions behind the latest release I strongly suspect that @SP.'s suggestion of a recent Windows Update being the cause of your problem is likely to be entirely correct. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything that we fellow-users can suggest, other than to consider upgrading to a more recent version of MM.

I think, also, that you will not be able to create a Support Ticket directly with Magix because of the age of your software.

One possibility: when you uninstalled the program, did you ensure that ALL files, folders and registry entries connected with the previous installation were removed? The default Windows Uninstaller does not always do this and so, it is possible that whatever caused the original problem was not actually deleted from your computer. You might like to download the free Revo Uninstaller and use it, in Advanced mode, to completely remove everything connected with the installation of MM. Just remember to check carefully everything it lists as being part of the program (and which it thinks should be removed), especially since you clearly have other Magix software on your computer.

Once the uninstall is finished, reboot your computer and then try again to reinstall your software.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 4:11 AM

Thanks Jeff, will proceed as advised, hopefully this sorts out the problem. Will let you know.

Bol wrote on 7/8/2021, 4:34 AM

@daniel-d

Hello Daniel,

I have installed Music Maker 2014 for you without any problems. After I put a music file on a track, then file / export / audio as Wav was active for me. See fig.

What you could do is to delete MusicMaker.ini. When you do so, all program settings are reset to the default values including your personal settings. Some configuration settings will also be repaired. This MusicMaker.ini file will be created automatically when Music Maker is started again.

Good luck, Rob

Last changed by Bol on 7/8/2021, 4:41 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Als een kwestie onoplosbaar lijkt, komt dat niet omdat je de oplossing niet ziet, maar omdat je het probleem niet ziet.

If an issue seems unsolvable, it is not because you do not see the solution, but because you do not see the problem.

PC -1-

PC -2-

daniel-d wrote on 7/8/2021, 6:05 AM

I did delete the MiusicMaker.ini file and BINGO! It's back to normal again. Thanks a plenty Rob!