Magix Movie Edit Pro, Video Black after certain point

Laurenz-Ploenes wrote on 2/11/2022, 4:18 AM

Hey Guys,

When I try to export my Video project in Magix Movie Edit Pro

2022 to any Datatype (Avi,wmv, mpeg-4, etc...) the Video blacks out at one certain point, but the audio continous. When I try to put another random video after that point, the export is perfect. Whats wrong with those files? They are all .mov files, filmed with an iPhone.

Thanks for your help

Comments

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 6:49 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenesย Hi can you post a full screen pic of Magix, & the export settings, use the arrow next to the smiley at the top of a new comment, too many pictures is better than too few ๐Ÿ˜‰

you can use Snipping Tool, click the Start on the desktop, Windows accessories Spinning Tool. ๐Ÿ‘

Laurenz-Ploenes wrote on 2/11/2022, 7:03 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenesย Hi can you post a full screen pic of Magix, & the export settings, use the arrow next to the smiley at the top of a new comment, too many pictures is better than too few ๐Ÿ˜‰

you can use Snipping Tool, click the Start on the desktop, Windows accessories Spinning Tool. ๐Ÿ‘

Done :)

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 7:31 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenesย Hmm, I can't immediately see anything wrong, is there anything different about IMG5401 or has it got any effects, stretching etc.. & you've changed the settings in the Export, does it still fail if you export at the default MPEG-4 1920x1080,

One other thing, can you go to your icon at the top, click it - My Profile, & fill in your Signature with your Magix version, Windows version & system specs, CPU, GPU, RAM etc. this will then show at the bottom of the comments & will help, thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 7:36 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenes There's a free tool called Media, https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo, after download, right click on the file in your windows folder, select Text from the View tab, Select all & copy to a new comment, you could use this to compare with other files to see if it's any difference,

Laurenz-Ploenes wrote on 2/11/2022, 7:37 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenesย Hmm, I can't immediately see anything wrong, is there anything different about IMG5401 or has it got any effects, stretching etc.. & you've changed the settings in the Export, does it still fail if you export at the default MPEG-4 1920x1080,

One other thing, can you go to your icon at the top, click it - My Profile, & fill in your Signature with your Magix version, Windows version & system specs, CPU, GPU, RAM etc. this will then show at the bottom of the comments & will help, thanks ๐Ÿ‘

Only IMG_5582 got a timelapse effect. The other Videos are all the same.

As far as I know, I used the default MPEG-4 settings.

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 7:39 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenesย 

As far as I know, I used the default MPEG-4 settings.

Yeah sorry my mistake, i was looking at 24fps on mine,

If i set the project to 23.976 i get same as you in the export settings except for the Stereo 3D: & the version no in the box bottom right.

ย 

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 8:49 AM

ย Just to see if i could see anything different exporting at 23.98fps, - I don't have enough .mov files to fill 1hr but i put together an assortment,

Project @ 1920x1080 23.98fps & exported as in the above pics, which are the defaults when the project is set at 23.98f, it rendered fine,

just to compare i set the project at 1920x1080 29.97fps, which is what i am used to, exported at the defaults for 29,97fps, exported fine again, it took 1 min longer but i guess there's more frames to export ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Both 23.98fps & 29,97fps Taskmanager views looked very similar like this,

@Laurenz-Ploenes I would suggest you try exporting just that section where it fails to see if you can narrow down the problem file, when exporting MEP will be looking ahead so it's not guaranteed to be that file that's the problem, it could be the IMG_5582 with a time-lapse effect you mention that i doesn't like, it's only 2 events/clips ahead of where your red arrow is, try exporting that clip with the time-lapse separately, then swap the exported clip for the one in the project, sometimes you just can't export the whole project, esp if it's got effects like time-lapse, you have to do it in sections then put the pieces together & export the collection, also use the MediaInfo tool to see if there's any difference with any file to the others,

BTW to anyone else reading this, I'm still well impressed with MEP export times, 11mins for 1hr project ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

CubeAce wrote on 2/11/2022, 9:34 AM

@Laurenz-Ploenes @Former user

Hi Laurenz.

I personally avoid recording to mov if I can help it and tent to stick to MP4 where possible as MEP seems to prefer that codec wrapper.

Having said that I have noticed a couple of things that either puzzle me or I am not certain about as I don't tend to mix different types of video clips into one project.(apart from time lapse / slow mo / motion lapse and time lapse.)

The first thing is. Does the clip that is causing problems also have different aspect ratio or have you just zoomed in? I ask because I overlaid one of your images over the other.

I don't know if sudden change of aspect ratio as well as a sudden change of frame speed would be enough to trip the program or a graphics processor or not.

The other thing I noticed is you are exporting the whole video in a landscape ratio when as far as I can see it is shot entirely in portrait mode. You could try switching the project to an aspect ratio of 9:16 instead of 16:9.

If that then fails you could try changing the hardware acceleration to CPU.

That will not stop the GPU / GPUs from being used but will force most of the video encoding to the CPU which may fare better with the export.

It may take a short while longer to export.

Ray.

ย 

ย 

Last changed by CubeAce on 2/11/2022, 9:42 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

ย 

Windows 10 Enterprise. Version 22H2 OS build 19045.4412 Direct X 12.1 latest hardware updates for Western Digital hard drives.

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming motherboard Rev 1.xx with Supreme FX inboard audio using the S1220A code. Driver No 6.0.8960.1 Bios version 1401

Intel i9900K Coffee Lake 3.6 to 5.1GHz CPU with Intel UHD 630 Graphics .Driver version Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2128 for 7th-10th Gen Intelยฎ with 64GB of 3200MHz Corsair DDR4 ram.

1000 watt EVGA modular power supply.

1 x 250GB Evo 970 NVMe: drive for C: drive backup 1 x 1TB Sabrent NVMe drive for Operating System / Programs only. 1X WD BLACK 1TB internal SATA 7,200rpm hard drives.1 for internal projects, 1 for Library clips/sounds/music/stills./backup of working projects. 1x500GB SSD current project only drive, 2x WD RED 2TB drives for latest footage storage. Total 21TB of 8 external WD drives for backup.

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB. nVidia Studio driver version 555.99. - 3584xCUDA cores Direct X 12.1. Memory interface 192bit Memory bandwidth 360.05GB/s 12GB of dedicated GDDR6 video memory, shared system memory 16307MB PCi Express x8 Gen3. Two Samsung 27" LED SA350 monitors with 5000000:1 contrast ratios at 60Hz.

Running MEP Premium 21.0.2.138 and VPX 20.0.3.180 (UDP3)

M Audio Axiom AIR Mini MIDI keyboard Ver 5.10.0.3507

VXP 14, MEP 2022, Vegas Studio 16, Vegas Pro 18, Cubase 4. CS6, NX Studio, Mixcraft 9 Pro.

Audio System 5 x matched bi-wired 150 watt Tannoy Reveal speakers plus one Tannoy 15" 250 watt sub with 5.1 class A amplifier. Tuned to room with Tannoy audio application.

Ram Acoustic Studio speakers amplified by NAD amplifier.

Rogers LS7 speakers run from Cambridge Audio P50 amplifier

Schrodinger's Backup. "The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted."

Former user wrote on 2/11/2022, 9:55 AM

@CubeAceย Yep i stick to MP4 ๐Ÿ‘

I did notice the difference in aspect ratio but it's impossible to see exactly or to recreate, in your pic the red sky is the first image on the timeline, the lower one, the problem one looks more like portrait without zoom,?

I put a few portrait in my test but didn't zoom in & my system isn't a fair comparison, all i could do was use the ratio posted in the OP pics & see if exporting at 23.98 was different to 29.97,

I know it's not the same but in Vegas there was a project that went from 16:9 to 9:16, that wouldn't render past that point for the poster, also in Vegas if i have pics or text in a timeline mixed with video i use the CPU not the GPU, the GPU render gets the still images messed up, the CPU render is more consistent..