MAGIX Installation manager error

KayTee-Kay wrote on 8/18/2021, 9:56 PM

MAGIX Installation manager keeps giving me a generic error when I try to install my program:

"An error has occurred during communication. Please check your internet connection."

I've tried checking windows for errors or issues, and I've tried all the suggestions in MAGIX Support, and still keep getting the error. At this point, nothing has installed. Even folders have not been created. Any suggestions before I ask for a refund?

Software: Sound Forge Pro 13

Comments

rraud wrote on 8/19/2021, 11:56 AM

Hi @KayTee-Kay, an anti-virus app may be interfering, temporarily disable it and try again. Or I can get you the unpacked installation files upon request. You will still need to activate SFP-13 with a valid serial code.
SFP-13 should run on Win 7, I am not sure about SFP-14 or 15.

KayTee-Kay wrote on 8/19/2021, 1:11 PM

@KayTee-Kay I have made a suggestion here https://www.magix.info/de/forum/magix-installation-manager-error--1280838/#ca1697072

@SP. Thank you for that. I have tried disabling virus protection, win defender, firewall and running as admin, but the result does not change.

KayTee-Kay wrote on 8/19/2021, 1:17 PM

Hi @KayTee-Kay, an anti-virus app may be interfering, temporarily disable it and try again. Or I can get you the unpacked installation files upon request. You will still need to activate SFP-13 with a valid serial code.
SFP-13 should run on Win 7, I am not sure about SFP-14 or 15.

@rraud, I have tried disabling AV and other things. I do have valid codes for this, and several other MAGIX products, all of which are doing the same thing. If I could get the full install files for them, and activate them, that would be awesome.

SP. wrote on 8/19/2021, 1:37 PM

@KayTee-Kay You can ask sales support for direct download links for your products. Just write a mail to infoservice@magix.net

But if the downloader cannot connect to the servers it can be possible that you also cannot register the softwares after installation because they will be likely blocked, too. Maybe it was just a server problem at Magix and it works tomorrow? It depends on how many people are now trying to download.

Usually Windows 10 is very cautious with program that download other programs from the internet and blocks it. But you are using Windows 7.I don't remember it being as restrictive.

rraud wrote on 8/20/2021, 9:33 AM

PM sent

Eric-Holbrook wrote on 11/14/2021, 8:49 AM

I have exact same error and support has not resolved. I do not have firewall running (except win10 default stuff, AV has been disabled) but has NEVER caused issue with any other apps and I have installed literally thousands on this machine.

Eric-Holbrook wrote on 11/14/2021, 9:23 AM

This is not a network error on client (us) end, or any kind of antivirus error... this is clearly something wrong with the installation application and where its trying to be redirected to download the full install

monitoring the network traffic when the install runs, I see this error

Request
MAGIX /1.3.51.46 (compatible; MSIE 11.) Installationsmanager/1.3.51.46

Host: www.magix.com

response

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
<p>The document has moved <a href="https://www.magix.com/">here</a>.</p>
</body></html>

rraud wrote on 11/14/2021, 9:39 AM

Hi @Eric-Holbrook, please start a new topic for your query and include the pertinent information..
Read the 'Sticky' at the head for the main Sound Forge forum page.