Magix Independence Pro V. 3.6.0.23

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/24/2021, 1:04 AM

Hello.
I just bought Independence Pro Standard from your site and I proceeded to download the software and the library attached to it. Apart from the software activation procedure, whose difficulties are never encountered in any other purchase of audio software, Independence, when I choose an instrument from the library, keeps telling me: File not found in image file / Independence Free Content 01.
I attach the screenshot of the error.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

P.S.: I'm on MacOs Big Sur V. 11.2.3

My best regards

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/24/2021, 4:32 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff.

I have the full Independence Pro Premium installed on my Windows machine and simply clicking on the blue box shown in your screenshot ("Click here to load instrument") produces a full list of all the installed instruments and I can access them.

If yours are "missing" I wonder whether they are actually installed - as far as I remember the Library is installed as a separate user action - but if you click on the "Browser" button on the top edge of that workscreen it should show this list.

Clicking on the arrow next to each item should show ALL the instruments of that type which are installed. If nothing is shown as installed I think you need to run the Library Installer.

One other thought: Independence has not been updated for some years. I wonder whether your version of MAC OS is "too new" for it?

One further thought: I see you mention "Independence Free". With the installation of Independence Pro I think those instruments are removed and so no longer available; they are ALL included in Independence Pro Premium, I assume the same is true for Independence Pro Standard.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 8/24/2021, 4:33 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis Did you ran ALL installers until the end? This is very important. Usually there are two installers. One for Independece and one for the library. The library installer writes important registry information to your system at the end of the installation. If this didn't work you cannot load the library.

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/24/2021, 7:37 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff.

I have the full Independence Pro Premium installed on my Windows machine and simply clicking on the blue box shown in your screenshot ("Click here to load instrument") produces a full list of all the installed instruments and I can access them.

If yours are "missing" I wonder whether they are actually installed - as far as I remember the Library is installed as a separate user action - but if you click on the "Browser" button on the top edge of that workscreen it should show this list.

Clicking on the arrow next to each item should show ALL the instruments of that type which are installed. If nothing is shown as installed I think you need to run the Library Installer.

One other thought: Independence has not been updated for some years. I wonder whether your version of MAC OS is "too new" for it?

One further thought: I see you mention "Independence Free". With the installation of Independence Pro I think those instruments are removed and so no longer available; they are ALL included in Independence Pro Premium, I assume the same is true for Independence Pro Standard.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hi Jeff and thanks for your insights.

Can you please point me to the MAGIX Staff ?

Thanks in advance.

emmrecs wrote on 8/24/2021, 9:15 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

Have you done as I suggested earlier and @SP. specifically stated, and actually installed all the Library content? Have you also checked that the Browser window I showed in my screenshot is the same on your computer?

If you have a Magix account you can use this web page to create a support ticket. If that is not possible for you, the only other option is to email infoservice@magix.net and request their assistance.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/24/2021, 12:34 PM

Hi Jeff

In my browser there is only the Independence Free library and the Independence Pro library is missing. Magix sent me 2 files by email: Independence Pro Standard and Independence Free Library, nothing else.
I tried to reinstall the library but the installer offers me two options: repair the installation or uninstall the library. I have tried both solutions, but there is no way to uninstall the library or to repair it.
I think I will write an email to the infoservice @ as you suggested.
Thank you so much Jeff and good luck for everything.

emmrecs wrote on 8/24/2021, 1:27 PM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

Having taken a look at this page it seems that Independence Pro Standard does NOT include the Independence Pro Plus library. Is that what you were expecting to install? If so, did you actually pay the (UK) price of £89.99 (which is for the Pro Plus library and the core program) or the (UK) price of £44.99, which is for the core program ONLY?

Jeff

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/25/2021, 2:24 AM

I paid 59.99 Euros and they sent me the core program and the Free Library which weighs 2 gigs. So why doesn't the library sounds nothing?

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 3:59 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

they sent me the core program and the Free Library which weighs 2 gigs

This is correct.

I tried to reinstall the library but the installer offers me two options: repair the installation or uninstall the library. I have tried both solutions, but there is no way to uninstall the library or to repair it.

You wrote that you see both options for the library but that there is no way to do it? This is a little bit confusing to me.

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/25/2021, 6:32 AM

You are confusing like me Jeff, anyway, I confirm that.

I'll tell you more about.... I've even delete the library folder... no way....I ran the installer and got the same two options...😖😂

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 6:58 AM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

You are confusing like me Jeff, 

I'm not Jeff. 😉

I would guess that deleting the library folder without uninstalling it first was a not a good idea. There is still something left your system in other places. Can you now repair the installation?

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/25/2021, 1:12 PM

This is my first time dealing with Magix stuffs so I don't have a clue how to uninstall the library. The thing that annoys me the most is that when I load an instrument, Independence does not find the library, which also appears in its Browser. But why? If you're kind enough to show me how to uninstall the library, I'll kiss your right foot.

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 1:26 PM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis

You wrote

the installer offers me two options: repair the installation or uninstall the library

Did you try to uninstall the library by selecting "uninstall"?

Maurizio-DeAngelis wrote on 8/25/2021, 3:20 PM

Read more SP. otherwise we are here 3 days talking about nothing ...

SP. wrote on 8/25/2021, 3:38 PM

@Maurizio-DeAngelis Can you make screenshots of what is happening when you select the options? Are you getting an error message? Sadly I don't see what is happening on your computer.