Magix Independence (latest version)

Dave-Stone wrote on 8/15/2023, 11:11 PM

Greetings. I have downloaded Independence and the entire user library, but when I try to add any instrument all I get is YT Independence - File Not found. The popup says Could not find the file PHYT-MX NY-GT1 LONG C XA1 Y01 in image file Independence Content Image File 01. The library is already in the preferences -> libraries folder. I have a backup copy, and I've already removed the file, restarted Independence and added the library back. This hasn't worked either. How do I repair the library to get it to work properly?

Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/15/2023, 11:51 PM

@Dave-Stone You need to run the library installer.

Dave-Stone wrote on 8/18/2023, 6:43 PM

I already ran the installer (Premium Suite DLM). I also re-ran the installer to try and repair the library, but that didn't work either. So I just uninstalled the library and I'm doing a new download. If that doesn't fix it, then there's something else that's wrong.

SP. wrote on 8/19/2023, 3:01 AM

@Dave-Stone Where are you trying to use Independence? As a standalone application? In another DAW? It might very well be the case that you only can load the library inside ACID.

Dave-Stone wrote on 8/19/2023, 8:41 AM

I can run the Independence VST from inside ACID. That works. But I have the complete ACID premium package (recently upgraded) and that includes the Independence application. This is what I'm trying to use.

SP. wrote on 8/19/2023, 8:56 AM

@Dave-Stone What do you mean with using the Independence application? The standalone version?

It's very likely you need to buy the sample library separately to use it outside of ACID.

Former user wrote on 9/5/2023, 9:16 PM

Bundled Versions of Independence Pro sometimes only include a license for the VST Plug-in hosted within a supported MAGIX host.

If you have Independence Standalone License, then you get two Serials. One for the Standalone application and another for the Library Content. If you are using an embedded license (meaning you didn't have to actually activate Independence or the Library for use), then it's a host-based license and will not function outside of supported hosts. You simply install and it works as long as you're using it in ACID Pro (or, another supported MAGIX Host like Samplitude Pro X Suite).

Often host-based licenses will not even install the stand-alone independence application - or, at least, they will not place any Shortcuts to them in your Windows Start Menu. Standalone installs will (if you paid for Independence and install from that installer).

Dave-Stone wrote on 9/9/2023, 12:52 PM

I tried using the VST in ACID, but while it brings up the Independence Pro VST it won't launch Independence at all, just the VST itself. I have an activation code for both Independence Pro and the Independence Premium library. I tried using Independence Live, but while that brings up the Independence Pro screen it still won't let me access any instruments other than the Acoustic Piano.I might have to uninstall Independence Pro and then re-install it, just to see if that works. Either that or I'm missing a step somewhere. The licenses are all P2, not P3. And when I tried to activate Independence Pro it won't accept the computer ID.

SP. wrote on 9/9/2023, 6:26 PM

@Dave-Stone Did you add the installed premium library in the preferences of Independence? Only then you can load instruments.

Dave-Stone wrote on 9/10/2023, 12:57 AM

The premium library is in the Independence Pro preferences libraries. I still can't load any instruments. I tried using the Independence VST in ACID, but this does not bring up the Independence Pro screen, but a separate VST that does not point to Independence Pro, only some other effects. I tried using Independence Live, but while that does bring up Independence Pro I still can't load the instruments from the library. Something here is very wrong.

SP. wrote on 9/10/2023, 2:32 AM

@Dave-Stone Can you upload screenshots with the blue arrow icon above the response text box? It's not clear for me, what you mean with Acid does not bring up the Independence Pro screen, but a separate VST.

Dave-Stone wrote on 9/11/2023, 12:19 AM

OK, I figured it out. I downloaded Samplitude Pro and registered it with a 30 day trial license. It turns out I needed to use a MIDI track and not a stereo track. I was able to get Independence Pro working in Samplitude. Then I went back to ACID (btw, it kept crashing when trying to load the low latency ASIO driver, so I had to remove that from the registry; currently I'm using the Black Magic ASIO driver). I created a MIDI track with Independence, and that brought up Independence Pro. I also figured out how to record onto the MIDI track. So I'm happier with this now.

I do have only one other question: when recording a piano in Independence Pro onto a MIDI track, is there a way for me to add chords rather than individual notes? I may have to go back to the manual for this. I do have a MIDI keyboard that I can use, but currently it's not set up.

Dave-Stone wrote on 9/12/2023, 10:29 PM

I've got a MIDI keyboard set up, and it's recording. This one's a Novation 25 key. I also have a full sized MIDI keyboard, but right now I've no where to put it. Everything's working perfectly well. All I have to do now is to add Acid loops, and multiple MIDI tracks (this is all for video work as I do video editing as well). I may or may not keep Samplitude Pro. It's a nice piece of audio software.