MAGIX blocking Ozone 8 Elements after update?

Jonathan-Hartsock wrote on 2/4/2021, 7:11 PM

Hey, I just updated the MAGIX MUSIC MAKER to the 64 bit version. Had the 2018 premium edition previously. But now I cannot access my Ozone 8 Elements plug in. Is there a reason for this?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/5/2021, 4:24 AM

@Jonathan-Hartsock

I cannot access my Ozone 8 Elements plug in. Is there a reason for this?

Almost certainly because your version of Ozone 8 Elements is 32 bit which will not run natively in the 64 bit version of Music Maker unless you actually upgraded rather than updated to the new version!

Sorry if that sounds a bit silly, but MM 2021, as the first version to be 64 bit, is a "new" product and, as such, to gain full access to it does necessitate paying for the upgrade. If you simply updated your existing installation, i.e. without paying for the new version, what you now have is the Free version of MM 2021 which does not include the VST Bridge, which is part of the Premium variant and which should allow your 32 bit VSTs to run in a 64 bit environment.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam