Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 12 Deluxe - default export sample rate question

TrevMid wrote on 11/25/2010, 8:21 AM

Hi -

I'm importing a 48000Hz wav file into AC Lab 12. When I'm done cleaning and want to export the file at 48000Hz, I find the default sample rate is set at 44100Hz.

I know how to physically change the sample rate in the Choose Wave Codec box, but I want to make 48000Hz the default value. I can't see any way of doing this from the dropdown menus, and the manual doesn't cover this point.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Comments

TrevMid wrote on 11/25/2010, 9:58 AM

That's because 44.1 kHz is the fastest sample rate offered by MAGIX' budget software, such as ACL, MMM, etc...

Thanks for coming back. Couple of points:

1st, I didn't realise Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 12 Deluxe was budget software.

2nd, I have no problem exporting at 48kHz - it's just that I have to nanually uprate the export on each occasion.

3rd, I know it's exporting at 48kHz because the exported file is proportionately larger than the 44.1kHz version.

I'm a bit more confused now than I was before!

TrevMid wrote on 11/25/2010, 9:58 AM

That's because 44.1 kHz is the fastest sample rate offered by MAGIX' budget software, such as ACL, MMM, etc...

Thanks for coming back. Couple of points:

1st, I didn't realise Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 12 Deluxe was budget software.

2nd, I have no problem exporting at 48kHz - it's just that I have to nanually uprate the export on each occasion.

3rd, I know it's exporting at 48kHz because the exported file is proportionately larger than the 44.1kHz version.

I'm a bit more confused now than I was before!