Magix 2019 (64 BIT) Mixer Fader Latency

George-Sideridis wrote on 1/20/2022, 4:59 AM

Dear Magix,

I have a question regarding my Magix software mixer (version 30.0.3.39)

I am using Magix 64-bit (2019 version). My issue is that when I am mixing, there is a lag from when I move my mouse to adjust the volume of the fader. The volume takes a while to adjust.

I have been using Magix for years and never had this issue before. Is there a way to fix it? I much prefer the mixer on the earlier versions. This issue really slows down my workflow when I am mixing my songs. Is there any way to incorporate the older mixer into the programme? (eg MX version?)

Thank you kindly

George Sideridis

Address etc, removed by Moderator

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/20/2022, 6:25 AM

Just to clarify. You are using Music Maker 2022 with the content from whatever 2019 Edition you purchased. It could be your computer doesn't run MM2022 very well. You can reinstall the 2019 version from your account and just don't update it.

emmrecs wrote on 1/20/2022, 6:50 AM

@George-Sideridis

With apologies for editing your post but personal data like home and email addresses or phone numbers should never be posted to a public forum like this one.

Jeff
​​​​​​​Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

George-Sideridis wrote on 1/20/2022, 4:19 PM

Thank you kindly Sir. Sorry I wasn't aware. Thank you for your forum.

George-Sideridis wrote on 1/20/2022, 4:57 PM

Dear Graham. Thank you so much for your reply. Correct. I purchased it in 2019. It was a 32 bit version I believe. In 2021, I saw that there was a "2022" version so I upgraded it. The program looked the same although now it is 64 bit and more compatible with some of my 3rd party software synths. There were a lot of issues when I tried to install which have now been resolved. It was quite a confusing process, so I am reluctant to reinstall it again. I was locked out of my account for weeks . I have 2 other versions of Magix on my computer. I have 17 Premium (17.0.26) and the The MX version. Whilst version 17 sometimes crashes, I feel that the MX version is excellent, especially the mixer. It just looks and feels more professional than the mixer on the newer version. I can always just use those.

I have 2 further questions:

1. Which is the ultimate Magix program with all the features? I am happy to purchase it. There are so many advertisements on the program and their website that I am confused as to which one it actually is!

2. My second questions involves panning and is a bit technical, but please bear with me. My mindset is a bit old-school although I have been using Magix and other programs for years. My question involves whether Magix actually support stereo sounds (midi and audio). My guess is that it does. For instance in the old days when I had a hardware Mackie mixer and I wanted to hear a hardware synthesizer played through it, I would plug a cable from the output of the left channel of the synth into channel 1 of the mixer. I would pan that channel hard left. I would then plug the right output of the synth into channel 2 and pan it hard right. This would preserve the the stereo separation of how the synth designers recorded the particular sound I was playing. My Mackie mixer also had a few "stereo channels" with only one pan pot on those channels (but still with a left and right input to plug your synth in). I think the mixer was designed this way to save space. You would then pan the panning knob in the middle to get the same stereo effect as you would by plugging your synth in the left and right channels as mentioned before..

My question therefore is this; I noticed on the recording preferences on Magix there is a stereo option. Does this mean that If I want to record a live hardware synth, do I just select this option and just pan the panning knob in the middle on Magix to replicate the second example above (ie the stereo channels on the Mackie?) If this is indeed the case, I am assuming therefore that midi Magix sounds and software synths on Magix would operate under the same principle.

The reason I find this so confusing is that on old hardware mixers you would plug the output of a stereo instrument on 2 channels, whereas on programs like Magix it is one instrument per channel!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

George-Sideridis wrote on 1/23/2022, 2:12 AM

Thank you Graham. I have now re-installed Magix 64 bit (2022 version). The Mixer latency has gone and I can finally mix normally!