Loud Hiss with Audio Track

John-Hamilton wrote on 7/9/2022, 6:47 PM

Using an HP Windows 10 laptop. Loaded the latest version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 16. All divers have been updated. Have tried 2 different USB microphones, one native USB mic and 1 Sennheiser dynamic with an XLR to USB Behringer mic cable. Configured audio to 16/24 in Windows and tested both mics. They work fine. Open Audio Studio, check audio configuration for audio input to match the USB mic and Wind Windows. Hit record and record a test vocal track for 10 -15 seconds. Upon playback, there is an incredibly loud hiss (70+ dB) and the vocal track is barely audible.

I take these mics into my studio and connect them through my $3000 UA interface into my recording studio computer through Cubase 12 and the mics work fine. I am not a newby at this...

What is the problem with the input stage of Sound Forge Audio Studio?

I am setting this up on my wife's laptop to be used solely for recording the spoken word and nothing else.

Any ideas on a solution would be greatly appreciated before I return this software and move onto a more professional option.

Thanks!

Comments

rraud wrote on 7/10/2022, 11:17 AM

Welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @John-Hamilton.

A screeching or white noise type sound is usually caused by the Magix Low Latency 2016 driver...which is installed along with Sound Forge Audio Studio. Removing a registry entry can fix it.
See this comment from Magix for instructions:
https://www.magix.info/us/forum/audio-issue--1290482/#ca1738999

John-Hamilton wrote on 7/10/2022, 12:02 PM

Thanks @rraud, I appreciate the quick reply. I have removed the Magix driver and will test the software again. It appears the driver really permeates the computer, causing the loud hiss whenever anything is plugged into or removed from and USB port!! interesting.

Thanks again!

John