LOTS of crosstalk when in record mode

ira_numan wrote on 4/18/2009, 3:32 PM
I've done plenty of recording with this app with great results and just now, on the last two projects, I'm getting all the tracks stacking up on one another with each part laid down. I use MMM 2005 DeLuxe (which is considerably better than MMM14) to use all sorts of media in my projects: One-shots, loops and live audio. This has never happened before the last two projects.
( myspace/graciasmidios )

Comments

BrushyCreekStudio wrote on 4/19/2009, 2:33 PM
I've had Magix Deluxe for several years but just recently got my studio set up to record and had the same problem until I found an answer on line that might help you.  I went into my sound card recording options and changed from "record what you hear" to Line input one, or whatever you are inputing your audio on.  I hope this helps you.  After doing this I can record one track and listen to it while recording another and they are completely seperate.
ralftaro wrote on 4/19/2009, 6:59 PM
Yep, what the other user said. If you're already using headphones for monitoring (so you don't get a speaker to mic loop), which I trust you do, make sure you're configuring the sound card mixer to just record from the actual input socket you're using on your sound card (e.g. mic or line-in) - not from the entire stereo mix. If that doesn't resolve the issue, it might be a driver problem. Now I don't know what you're using for a sound card, but I know of some common on-board audio hardware that was producing this problem due to buggy drivers. A driver update from the manufacturer did indeed resolve the issue. However, it might be an even better idea to get a decent, dedicated sound hardware that is fit for home-recording purposes in this scenario.

I hope this helps.