lost serial desperately needed

Ken-Rubenstein wrote on 1/5/2022, 5:02 AM

Hi guys....

Been using Sound Forge for years. I love it so much and subsequently have developed and honed a very strong facility for waveform editing. It's superior technology. 

My old Acer laptop died. It had installed in it Sound Forge 10.0.  I can't locate the serial...I have activation number related information, though:

If you can please help me to once again install Sound Forge 10 on my new Acer Aspire laptop, I will be incredibly grateful and appreciative.

Ken Rubenstein

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/5/2022, 6:36 AM

@Ken-Rubenstein

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff and confidential personal data, like those activation numbers you posted should never be posted to a public forum, like this one. Hence, I have removed them, with apologies.

To access serial numbers for purchased Magix software go to your account, log in, go to My products, find the listing for SF10. it should include both a download link for the installer and your serial key.

If it is not listed or you cannot access your user account you will need to email infoservice@magix.net and explain the problem to them and request their assistance.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 1/5/2022, 8:22 AM

@Ken-Rubenstein

Please re-read my previous post. The email address for Customer Service is given there. Did you actually try the method I suggested, via your Magix account?

Also, please remember, as I wrote before, these are user to user forums, not a contact for any Magix staff so it is not our online customer support.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ken-Rubenstein wrote on 1/5/2022, 9:38 AM

Jeff, thanks again for the hyperfast response time and help. I will say one last thing.......

Sound Forge is in my opinion THE best waveform editor ever conceptualized, designed and ultimately realized. I've used it religiously for many years, now. It's a masterpiece of audio/sound engineering software. The extremely high resolution of the waveform zoom capability in tandem with the ease and precision of marker placement in and of itself elevates it to a level way above and beyond its competition.

Thanks for the spot on brilliant work, guys.

rraud wrote on 1/5/2022, 10:09 AM

You can also look up your activation code in the Sony registration archives, but Magix would have the same information. In both cases, you need to log-in with the email address and password you used when SF was originally registered. Your log-in to the Magix discussion groups could be different than the email you used to register SF. You can also download SF-10 from the Sony download archives. You do not need to log-in for that, but you still need your activation serial code to activate it once SF is installed.

Otherwise contact Magix customer service as @emmrecs stated.

btw, best wishes for 2022 and welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community.

Ken-Rubenstein wrote on 1/7/2022, 9:37 PM

thanks rraud......you guys are the best. Long live the mighty SF....