Losing All Saved Work After Program Crash

James-Weber wrote on 4/19/2020, 11:21 AM

I normally don't post, but the issue I am having is frustrating.

First, I am using a Win 8.1 machine 64 bit with 20GB RAM, Intel i7 @ 2.4GHz (8 CPUs), 12GB of vRAM. Up to date.
I only use the computer specifically for Magix Music Maker. Second, I am using Magix Music Maker version 28.0.2.47. I have program backups every 3 minutes.

I am using loops from Soundpools, nothing more.

A couple of days ago, I created a project. Magix randomly crashed. When it restarted, EVERYTHING was gone. Nothing was saved (even though I had manually saved it a few times). No backup files to be found anywhere on my computer. Hours of my life gone in a moment.

So, I did my best and spent more hours recreating the project. Made a point to saved it manually every few minutes and made sure project was set to create backups. THE PROGRAM CRASHED AGAIN. IT DELETED ALL MY WORK AGAIN. I LOST EVERYTHING AGAIN. HOURS OF MY LIFE GONE AGAIN.

What is MM doing when it crashes that it wipes the entire file clean? Why isn't it creating backups? My computer is more than efficient, my program is up to date, and I'm not doing anything that should be causing problems like this!

Comments

Fronks wrote on 9/22/2021, 3:44 AM

Hi This just happened to me! I am so ***** angry right now this took me 6 hours! I want my project back!

SP. wrote on 9/22/2021, 3:57 AM

@Fronks You can try and load a backup project via File Menu > Backup > Load backup project. Usually Music Maker saves a backup MM_ file every ten minutes if you haven't changed the standard settings. They should be in the same folder you saved your project file.